Safeguarding governance for boards of trustees
This bespoke workshop equips boards of trustees to meet their responsibilities for safeguarding. Delivered in-house for your organisation.
Are you a trustee of an INGO and unsure of your roles and responsibilities for safeguarding? Are you concerned about the actions you need to take?
Bond provides bespoke workshops on safeguarding for boards of trustees which support you to fulfil legal and donor requirements and develop an appropriate safeguarding culture.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Explain what safeguarding means in the context of the international development sector and why it is important to for your organisation
- Clarify roles and responsibilities in safeguarding based on legal and donor requirements as well as international standards
- Explain how Trustees can encourage a respectful and accountable organisational culture
- Identify red flag issues of concern at the strategic and leadership level
- Explain how to strengthen organisational policies and create risk registers as part of a safeguarding framework
- Our safeguarding trainers are all development and humanitarian professionals with several years of experience supporting organisations in governance and accountability mechanisms for safeguarding.
To find out more, contact [email protected].
Lucy Heaven Taylor
Lucy provides training and support on programme performance, accountability and safeguarding to a range of NGO and UN clients.
Richard Powell is the Founder and Director of SafeForChildren, a consultancy set up to provide support to organisations to ensure they are child safe.
Terry has been working in the third sector for over 25 years mainly in the areas of disability, human rights and safeguarding.
Leonora is a safeguarding and protection specialist with over fifteen years’ experience in the UK and internationally