Answers to frequently asked questions regarding Bond’s jobs board.
What is an ad?
Ads are purchased to allow you to post a job. Once bought, ads do not expire until they are used to post a job. Each ad will allow you to post a single job for up to 30 days. We have two different kinds of ad types, which are basic, and premium. The difference between the ad types can be viewed on Bond’s Post a job page (you must be logged in to access this page).
If you a Bond member and want to publish a volunteer, unpaid internship or unpaid trustee position you can do so for free just email the adverts details, including how to apply and close date, to [email protected]. Please note any position posted in this manner will be posted with the same features as a basic ad.
How do I advertise a job?
To advertise on Bond’s job board, you need to follow these steps:
2. Click the tab Jobs in the navigation and go down to then click Post a job (must be logged in to access this page). On this page you can see the features of Basic and Premium ads as well as the costs (Bond members get £100 off either of the ad types). If you want to purchase an ad/s then there are two ways to do this:
- Once you have selected the number of ads you want to buy click ‘Buy (X) ads’ button beneath. This will take you to the checkout page (if your organisation is VAT exempt you need to check the box at the bottom of this page) where you will be able to check the price and quantity. After you’ve done this, continue to the payment page where you can pay with a debit or credit card.
- Email [email protected] with the quantity and type/s of ad/s you would plus your organisations name, organisation the ad/s is for if you are an agency, and Purchase Order if your organisation requires one. The ad/s will then be added to your account and an invoice emailed back to you with the invoice attached for the ad/s.
3. Once you have the ad/s go back to the My Jobs page and click ‘Add job’. On this page you can select which ad to use and then complete the jobs form.
4. Add the job’s details to the form. Some notes on the different field can be found below:
- Summary: This field is used to provide the text displayed on the listing view only. Any text put here will not appear on the advert itself only the listing, if you wish for the text to appear on the advert itself, please put this in the description box.
- Area of work: Currently you can only choose one of these. This will allow people to filter by Area of work on our website
- Salary (per year): from: As part of Bond’s committment to Show the Salary this is mandatory field (except for Volunteer, Intern, Trustee, and Consultancy positions). This field only allows a number to entered in and can only show a single salary in GBP, the field cannot display ranges, or a salary not in GBP. For example, putting in ‘30000.5’ will show up as ‘£30,000.50’.
- Organisation name: This field allows you to say which organisation this position is with.
- Description: This field makes up the main text of the advert.
- City: This is the location that will show up on the advert and listing
- Date advert published: This area decided when the position is published if you wish to publish it immediately set it to the day you are posting it.
- External application link: This field populates the ‘Apply for position’ button on the advert. If you have a URL you wish to direct applicants to you can put it here. Alternatively, if you wish for applicants to apply by email you can put in ‘mailto:EMAIL’ which will open a new email with the ‘To’ field populated by the email you enter when applicants click on it.
6. Once you are happy with the details you have added click ‘Add job’ to make the job live. The posted role will then appear on the My jobs page will appear underneath the ‘Add job’ button.
My job has the wrong closing date/I want to extend the closing date?
Whether you have accidentally put the wrong end date on your job or wish to extend how long the job is advertised for this must be updated by Bond. If you want your job extended or corrected, please contact [email protected].
If you want your job extended beyond 30 days after the original posting date, then you will need to buy an extension. This costs half the original price paid for an extension of 15 days and the same price as the original ad for 30 extra days.
Can I save a draft of my job to post later?
Unfortunately, we do not currently have this functionality if you close the pop-up for posting jobs while you are entering the details or the Bond site the details you have entered will be lost. Please only write details in for the position if you are ready to post as Bond can only edit or update posted positions.
The job I posted is not showing up on the jobs board?
There may be several reasons for why your position may not be showing up on the jobs board. Some common issues are:
- When creating a job, you need to choose the ‘Date advert published which tells our jobs board when you want the position to go live. If you leave this blank your position will not go live but an ad will still be deducted.
How do I attach a file to my position i.e. a job description?
Unfortunately, this feature is not currently available when advertising a role on our Jobs board. We are hoping to introduce this feature in the future.
An alternative to doing this could be to post the text from the attachment directly into the Description box. Another option is if you can host the attachment online then you can use the URL from this to hyperlink it within the text.
I have a different issue
Please contact [email protected] describing the issue you are having. If the issue relates directly to the website itself such as an error, please attach a screenshot of this in your email.
Please refer to the full events Terms and Conditions here.