Bond groups are communities of practice where Bond members come together to connect with each other, share learning and maximise influence to jointly deliver their objectives.
All groups are given a space on Bond’s online platform, which allows group members to communicate with each other, start discussions, share events and network.
Given the collaborative nature of Bond groups, group members’ personal data (name, job title, organisation, email address) will be shared with other members of the group. You can choose to hide your email address in your profile page by amending your profile settings.
You may also choose to make your profile not visible to other Bond website users. Please note that this option will not allow you to join any groups.
Uploading material to our site
Any material you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential. By posting or submitting any material onto our website you grant us an irrevocable, royalty free, transferable licence to use, modify, reproduce, publish and distribute such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our group pages if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out below.
Contributions must not:
- Promote job vacancies. If you wish to promote a job, please visit our Jobs Board
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person or organisation
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory
- Promote sexually explicit material
- Promote violence
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person
- Be likely to deceive any person
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- Promote any illegal activity
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse
You agree that all content posted by you on our website is accurate and true to the best of your knowledge.
Failure to comply with the above constitutes a material breach of the terms and conditions upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any post or material uploaded by you to our site
- Issue a warning to you
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach
- Further legal action against you
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Notifications and contact settings
When you join a group, by default you will receive email notifications about group activities and relevant information, including:
- Events (organised both by Bond and third parties)
- Resources (including files and links to external websites)
- Messages by groups members
You also agree to be contactable via a personal contact form (your email address will not be made public, unless you choose to do so). You can amend and disable notifications and contact settings on your personal profile page.
Site administrators and group chairs reserve the right to contact you even if your notifications and contact settings are disabled.
Upon registering for a group event, your name will be part of a list of attendees available to group members.
Non-group events and products
Occasionally Bond or Bond members may promote relevant events and products to the groups. You can unsubscribe from notifications by visiting your profile page or individual groups. Please note that by unsubscribing, you will stop receiving all notifications from groups, including messages from group chairs and members.
Reliance on information posted
The information resources and learning or networking facilities on our site are intended as guides to good practice in the context of current regulatory requirements. It is not legal or financial advice. If you require specific advice on any particular situation you should obtain your own legal or financial advice from independent solicitors or accountants.
We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any material posted by users on our website. We make no warranty as to the accuracy of any material posted on the website by users and we are not liable for any defamation, libel, slander or falsehoods that may appear on the website. We have no duty to monitor or edit any material posted by users on the website. However, we reserve the right to remove or edit, without any notice and for any reason, any material that is uploaded by users to the website.
Commentary and other materials posted by members on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
We are not liable for any links to third party websites found in users’ posted material, including the content of the page to which the link directs you to. If any user posted material contains links to other sites provided by third parties, these links are for your information only and should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.