Bond ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out how the personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email [email protected].
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act") and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is Bond of Regent's Wharf, 8 All Saints Street, London N1 9RL, United Kingdom.
1. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.bond.org.uk ("our site"). This includes information you provide when registering to use our site, subscribing to our email services and newsletters, posting your content on our members’ area, booking onto a course or event, posting a job advert or requesting further services. The information you provide to us may include your name, organisation name, address, e-mail address, phone number, photographs, and financial and credit card information.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- We track which parts of our website you visit and the resources you access.
2. Cookies and IP addresses
We may collect information about your computer or device, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns when using our site, and does not identify any individual.
When you select 'Remember me' on log in, you will stay logged in for 30 days, unless you log out or clear your cookies.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer's hard drive. It enables us to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow us to store your preferences to present content and functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate the size of our audience and how they use our site.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
|Used by Google Analytics to allow us to understand the way visitors use our site so we can better support our users. It includes data on pages viewed, where you found our website and how much time you spend on the site. We use the information gathered to improve the user experience of our website.|| |
_ga used to distinguish users, expires after 2 years.
_gat_US-775785-1 used to throttle request rate, expires after 1 min.
_gid used to distinguish users, expires after 24 hours.
All data collected via this method is anonymised.
|Cloudflare cookies maximize network resources, manage traffic and protect our site from malicious traffic.|| |
Helps protect site users from malicious attackers. Collects and anonymises End User IP addresses so they cannot be personally identified. The cookie is a session cookie that expires after 30 days.
|This cookie stores whether the user has seen and agreed to the cookie consent banner.|| |
Stores a 2 or 0 depending on if the user clicks “Okay, I agree”, or “No, thanks” on the cookie consent banner. This allows other services to know if they can store cookies or not. Expires after 100 days.
|This cookie helps deliver our advertising to people who have already visited our website when they are on Facebook .|| |
Used by Facebook for appropriate audience targeting, expires after a session.
|HotJar is a website analytics tool we use to see how our users are moving around our website and gathers feedback through surveys, so that we can improve their experience and help ensure they can find what they are looking for.|| |
This cookie is set when the customer first lands on the site. It is used to persist the Hotjar User ID, unique to that site on the browser. This ensures that behavior in subsequent visits to the same site will be attributed to the same user ID. Expires after 365 days.
This session cookie is set to let Hotjar know whether that visitor is included in the sample which is used to generate funnels.
3. Your security and where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site - so any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
4. How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective and easily understandable way for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
5. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are working with them to deliver a service you have requested, under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Bond or others.
6. Your right to refuse data collecting
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will always inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. It is your right to prevent us from contacting you by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or by contacting us at [email protected]..
7. Following links to and from our site
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
8. Access to your information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. You can request access to the information we hold on you. You can request this information by contacting [email protected]..