Terms and conditions for International Development Awards 2020
The criteria and judging process outlined below applies to the Collaboration Award, the Diversity Award, the Innovation Award and the Small NGO Impact Award.
There is a different criteria for the Humanitarian Award and the Volunteer Award - click here.
- be current members, associate members or international associates of Bond (this includes members' partners, but it must be the Bond member who makes the entry);
- provide relevant information in line with the format required for entries;
- understand that "project", "campaign" and "partnership" refers to the work for which you are submitting an entry – this could be a campaign, a collaboration, an innovation etc;
- read all supporting materials before submitting an entry;
- submit their full entry before the deadline (5.00pm, Friday 25 October 2019);
- give consent for the information they provide to be uploaded onto the Bond website, Bond's YouTube channel and used on Bond's social media channels;
- give consent for potential media coverage of their organisation's project;
- understand that the intentions for this initiative are to celebrate, share and publicly recognise the inspiring work of the Bond membership; and
- understand that entries are submitted by organisations must have been initiated within the last three years and either have finished within the last 12 months or be current and operational at the time of entry.
Notes for entrants
- The three shortlisted entries for each category will be shown at the awards ceremony, Tuesday 24 March 2020
- Entrants are free to use the award name, the name of Bond and the sponsor's name in their publicity in relation to the award.
- You may submit a different entry for multiple categories, but you cannot submit the same entry for more than one category.
- You may submit more than one entry per category.
To enter the Innovation Award, the Collaboration Award, the Diversity Award or the Small NGO Impact Award you must:
- answer all questions on the entry form; and
- submit three images telling the story of the project, campaign, individual
Your entry will be judged on a set of criteria stated on each award page.
Judges will be experts in the field of international development, with particular experience in the area of each award. They will select the shortlist and choose winners.
- Only entries submitted via the appropriate online entry form will be considered.
- Both the images and entry form will be judged and hold equal weight.
- All information provided will be treated in the strictest confidence – all judges are required to sign non-disclosure agreements.
- Each category will have a shortlist of three, one overall winner and two runners-up.
- Judges will evaluate each entry against the criteria, using their own discretion based on their relevant expertise.
- In the event of a draw, judges will deliberate until they agree on a winner.
- Judges decisions are final and binding and no feedback will be given on unsuccessful entries.
- No correspondence will be entered into relating to the final decision.
- The judges may suggest that your submission category is changed, but we will inform you of any changes.
- Judges are required to declare any conflicts of interest before the session commences. In the instance that there are any conflicts of interest, they will not participate in the judging of certain entries.
- If it is found that any entrant has knowingly provided false information, Bond reserves the right to disqualify the entry.
- agree that overall winners and those highly commended will be cited with the name of Bond and the sponsor's name in the sponsor's publicity in relation to the award;
- understand that the sponsor will co-present the awards to the winners and runner-up at the award ceremony;
- understand that the individual awards may or may not be sponsored; and
- understand that the sponsors are not included on the judging panel and are not able to influence the judging panel in any way but may be present during the judging session.