The Collaboration Award recognises the importance of effective relationships and collaborations within and across disciplines to tackle difficult issues.
We want to celebrate collaborations which highlight what is working and what is possible when diverse organisations and sectors come together to achieve a shared goal.
Are you collaborating?
We want to hear from organisations that have successfully worked together on a project with a mix of organisations and individuals – for instance, local entrepreneurs, governments, funders, the private sector, consultants, academics or researchers. A successful collaboration could mean you've overcome particular obstacles, used technology creatively, or found new ways to collaborate across geographical boundaries. You may have had to compromise or take calculated risks with new collaborations that hadn't been tried before.
Your images and accompanying entry form will be judged on the following criteria:
- The narrative - how compellingly you tell the project's story
- The currency - how you interpret and respond to current global challenges
- The reach - who and how many people were reached and how you measured this
- The impact - what is the likelihood of impact and sustainability
- The collaboration - how the collaboration led to the successes or failures of this project
How to enter
Deadline for entries: 5pm on Friday 25 October 2019. There are two parts to the application.
- Submit three images including their titles and locations. Click here to see our guidance on what the images should include - they can be simple and you will not be judged on the production values. Please email these to [email protected] by the deadline.
- Complete the accompanying entry submission form. Here you can provide further information about the entry and explain why you think you should win.
The images do not need to be sent at the same time as the form, but both parts of the application need to have been received by the deadline. Your entry will not be considered if we do not have both parts of the application.
Please note: you have to be a Bond member to enter. Please read the terms and conditions before entering.
Last year's winner
The winner was announced at the awards ceremony on 18 March 2019.
Winner: Practical Action - We need to talk about poo
Practical Action worked with communities, local and national government and international experts to transform the management of human waste in Bangladesh.
The judges chose the following entries as finalists.
Finalist: Avert - Young Voices
This co-creation project takes a new approach to sexual and reproductive health information materials.
Finalist: Christian Aid - Anticipating disease outbreaks in Ethiopia
This project, in collaboration with AMREF, the National Meteorological Agency and the Ethiopian Public Health Institute, strengthened the system for reporting diseases.