This webinar recording brings together leaders from a range of sectors and backgrounds to share their observations and thoughts on the implications of the Covid-19 crisis for civil society organisations.
We’ll also identify possible directions for civil society organisations to emerge stronger.
This webinar is a collaboration between the following international civil society networks: Bond, CIVICUS, CONCORD Europe, Forus International, ICSC, Climate Action Network, ICVA, InterAction, NEAR, and VANI.
It begins with a series of provocations from the authors of this discussion document and leaders from civil society platforms. These short insights will highlight the imperatives for change, given the current crisis. We’ll also look at where we might be able to build from, if we want to re-energise civil society organisations’ demands to put people at the heart of the changes we need.
Issues discussed included
- The new normal: Cementing the value of civil society
- Shifting the power: Getting beyond the rhetoric
- Transforming broken systems
- Solidarity and protecting rights
- Keeping an eye on climate and the sustainable development goals