Building a just and sustainable world
Our vision for international development
Monday, November 4, 2019
We want the government to make the UK a proud global leader in international development. We are united around a vision for the UK that respects and upholds international conventions and institutions that benefit and protect us all.
This manifesto calls for the UK to play its part in promoting peace, justice, equality, sustainability and prosperity for all around the world. We must act and work in partnership with governments and global institutions to have the best chance of protecting people and the planet for future generations.
The UK can be a major force for good in the world, promoting good quality jobs, universal health coverage, more children in education, and tackling the climate crisis. But to realise this change, we need a transformational shift in our economics, politics and society to pursue truly sustainable development for all.
The manifesto was created in collaboration with Bond members. It is our vision and plan for the next UK government in five main actions.
- Strengthen the UK’s voice and influence on international development by targeting poverty and inequality.
- Make global economic, financial and other rules work for the public interest in all countries.
- Tackle the climate and environmental degradation crisis with a coherent, consistent, cross-government approach.
- Be at the forefront of promoting peacebuilding and humanitarian principles in response to conflict and global crises.
- Strengthen democratic and public accountability at all levels of international development.
Download the full manifesto with detailed actions below. You can also watch and share our animated video below.