Bond is the UK network for organisations working in international development.
We unite and support a diverse network of over 400 civil society organisations to help eradicate global poverty, inequality and injustice.
We strengthen and champion the sector to make international development more efficient and effective. We work to influence governments and policy-makers, develop the skills of people in the sector, share expertise, and build organisational capacity and partnerships.
- Connect - we unite over 400 diverse civil society organisations to share expertise and work collaboratively for greater impact. Our events and training, groups and online platform give members the chance to share learning and develop their skills.
- Influence - we bring together our members and wider UK civil society to collectively influence the policies and practice of governments and institutions at the UK, European and international level. Our key advocacy areas include aid, SDGs, Brexit and civil society's operating environment.
- Strengthen - We deliver a range of services to help organisations be more effective and improve the quality and impact of their work. We provide support and resources in areas like funding, transparency, and monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL).
By helping our members adapt to an ever-changing environment, we enable civil society to be more effective and sustainable.
Bond's work is funded by member subscriptions, income generated through paid-for service, and grants, including strategic funding from the Department for International Development (DFID) and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. If you would like to see a copy of our Ethical Fundraising Policy please contact us.
Open information and accounts
We believe that all activities and decisions, and those of our members, should be transparent and open to public scrutiny. View our previous accounts and details of our grants, and find out more about our open information policy.
Vision, purpose, values
Our vision is a world of justice and equality, free from poverty, where human rights and the environment are respected. Our values are:
- Justice and solidarity
- Diversity and mutual respect
- Collaboration and participation
- Sustainability and shared responsibility
- Transparency and accountability
The Bond Charter outlines the uniting principles of the Bond network.
Bond is itself a member of the following networks and organisations:
- Development Studies Association
- Gender and Development Network
- Global Call to Action against Poverty (GCAP)
- Global Economic Justice Networks
- ImpACT Coalition
- National Council of Voluntary Organisations (NCVO)
- The Corporate Responsibility Coalition (CORE)
- The Reality of Aid
The UK Alliance of National Networks for International Development
Bond and the national networks of Scotland (Scotland's International Development Alliance) Wales (Hub Cymru Africa) and Northern Ireland (CADA) work together, through an alliance agreement, to maximise the collective potential of all their member organisations to eradicate poverty and injustice, based on the principles of collaboration and partnership.