This session explored what the impact would be if INGOs enabled those they seek to help (contributors/communities) to have editorial control over what story is told, and how.
In this session covered:
- new ideas and approaches to help tell contributor’s stories authentically and responsibly to engage audiences and raise funds.
- the results of a live test where two fundraising packs went head-to-head to test charity led versus contributor led stories.
- access to new data about supporter responses to different types of fundraising communications.
The speakers for this session were:
- Maureen Cherongis, media and external relations officer, Amref Health Africa
- Rachel Erskine, co-chair, The People in the Pictures Working Group
- Patrick Malachi, community health volunteer, Kibera
- Jess Crombie, senior Lecture and co-course Leader, London College of Communication, UAL
- David Girling, senior lecturer, University of East Anglia