Who owns the story? Financial testing of charity vs participant led storytelling
Bond and Amref
Friday, March 18, 2022
This session explored what the impact would be if INGOs enabled those they seek to help (contributors/communities) to have editorial control over what story is told, and how.
In this session covered:
- new ideas and approaches to help tell contributor’s stories authentically and responsibly to engage audiences and raise funds.
- the results of a live test where two fundraising packs went head-to-head to test charity led versus contributor led stories.
- access to new data about supporter responses to different types of fundraising communications.
The speakers for this session were:
- Maureen Cherongis, media and external relations officer, Amref Health Africa
- Rachel Erskine, co-chair, The People in the Pictures Working Group
- Patrick Malachi, community health volunteer, Kibera
- Jess Crombie, senior Lecture and co-course Leader, London College of Communication, UAL
- David Girling, senior lecturer, University of East Anglia