Specialist training providers for safeguarding and events
Friday, August 17, 2018
A number of organisations support NGOs with their safeguarding. We've listed some of the training and consultancy support available.
We run training courses to support NGOs improve their safeguarding practice. As well as public courses, we offer tailored programmes to meet your specific organisational requirements. We can also provide feedback on your safeguarding policies, procedures and practices.
- Good safeguarding practice provides the essential information and practical supports to develop a robust approach to safeguarding in your organisation, including recommended policies, appropriate reporting and response procedures, and an improved ability to meet statutory and donor requirements.
- Managing safeguarding investigations provides guidance and information to help you develop risk assessments and terms of reference, appoint an investigation team, and manage stakeholder relationships and reporting processes.
- Safeguarding governance for boards of trustees provides bespoke workshops on safeguarding which support boards and senior leadership teams to fulfil legal and donor requirements and develop an appropriate safeguarding culture.
Below is a selection of learning providers and resources that address safeguarding, sexual exploitation and abuse in the development and humanitarian sectors. Online resources are free to use, however you will need to register with the learning provider to access these.
- disasterready.org offer self-study learning programmes including:
- Preventing Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (InterAction). A comprehensive curriculum including modules on Introduction to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Mainstreaming of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and Managing Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Investigations.
- Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Course (UNHCR). A 1-hour online course targeted at UN staff.
- Child Safeguarding (Save the Children). A 3-minute video covering some of the signs of potential Child Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA) and how you can respond to effectively safeguard children.
- Kaya (by the Humanitarian Leadership Academy) also offer safeguarding modules including, as well as other relevant courses such as child protection:
- Safeguarding Essentials. This one-hour course introduces the non-negotiable safeguarding norms, guiding learners on how to recognise potential safeguarding concerns and how to report them.
- Introduction to Child Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and Managing sexual exploitation and abuse investigations. These are both taken from the InterAction curriculum described above.
- CHS Alliance offer face-to-face training in Sexual Exploitation and Abuse investigations.
- ChildHope offer lunch-and-learn seminars on child safeguarding topics.
We recognise that organisations may require specialist support to review and update their safeguarding practices. CHS Alliance has a list of approved PSEA trainers and investigators.
Bond can offer specialist consultancy support in reviewing your policies and procedures, providing comprehensive feedback on the strengths and weaknesses and making recommendations to ensure you achieve your safeguarding objective.
ChildHope offer consultancy support on child safeguarding for organisations.