Specialist training providers for safeguarding and events
Friday, August 17, 2018
A number of organisations support NGOs with their safeguarding. We've listed some of the training and consultancy support available.
We run three training courses to support NGOs, which are particularly suitable for small and medium organisations.
- Safeguarding essentials provides the essential information and best practice that will ensure your organisation is equipped to implement safeguarding and prevent sexual exploitation and abuse.
- Developing good safeguarding practice provides practical supports to help you create an effective set of policies and procedures that will help your organisation achieve its safeguarding objective.
- Promoting a culture of respect: Sexual harassment prevention provides participants with the skills and resources to promote a culture of respect within their organisation and develop and deliver customised sexual harassment prevention training programmes.
Below is a selection of learning providers and resources that address sexual exploitation and abuse in the development and humanitarian sectors. Online resources are free to use, however you will need to register with the learning provider to access these.
- disasterready.org offer self-study learning programmes including:
- Preventing Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (InterAction). A comprehensive curriculum including modules on Introduction to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Mainstreaming of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and Managing Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Investigations.
- Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Course (UNHCR). A 1-hour online course targeted at UN staff.
- Child Safeguarding (Save the Children). A 3-minute video covering some of the signs of potential Child Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA) and how you can respond to effectively safeguard children.
- Kaya (by the Humanitarian Leadership Academy) also offer the modules Introduction to Child Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and Managing sexual exploitation and abuse investigations from the InterAction curriculum described above.
- CHS Alliance offer face-to-face training in Sexual Exploitation and Abuse investigations.
- ChildHope offer lunch-and-learn seminars on child safeguarding topics
We recognise that organisations may require specialist support to review and update their safeguarding practices. CHS Alliance has a list of approved PSEA trainers and investigators.