Safeguarding case studies
Tuesday, March 24, 2020
This set of case studies has been produced by Bond and its members to share how NGOs address the complex issues or difficult considerations around doing safeguarding well.
These case studies complement the sector's 2018 commitment to change in safeguarding, which pulls together Bond members’ work to improve their safeguarding policies and practices. They also demonstrate how the NGO sector drives forwards consistency and leadership on safeguarding.
- Working with partners to safeguard children and adults at risk - ChildHope’s approach to safeguarding
- How feminist leadership can enhance safeguarding - ActionAid’s pioneering use of feminist leadership principles
- Using the Misconduct Disclosure Scheme - Oxfam’s approach to implementing safer recruitment procedures
Online training to improve your organisation's safeguarding practice
We offer two interactive online courses:
- Good safeguarding practice on 25-26 June: develop a robust approach to safeguarding, including recommended policies, appropriate reporting and response procedures, and improved ability to meet statutory and donor requirements.
- Managing safeguarding investigations on 1-2 June: practical guidance on developing risk assessments and terms of reference, appointing an investigation team, managing stakeholder relationships and the reporting procedure.
The cost of all our courses have been reduced by 20% until July to support organisations during the Covid-19 crisis.