Safeguarding case studies
Tuesday, March 24, 2020
This set of case studies has been produced by Bond and its members to share how NGOs address the complex issues or difficult considerations around doing safeguarding well.
These case studies complement the sector's 2018 commitment to change in safeguarding, which pulls together Bond members’ work to improve their safeguarding policies and practices. They also demonstrate how the NGO sector drives forwards consistency and leadership on safeguarding.
- Working with partners to safeguard children and adults at risk - ChildHope’s approach to safeguarding
- How feminist leadership can enhance safeguarding - ActionAid’s pioneering use of feminist leadership principles
- Using the Misconduct Disclosure Scheme - Oxfam’s approach to implementing safer recruitment procedures
- Adopting a survivor-led approach - The International Rescue Committee’s approach to responding to disclosures
- Safeguarding children with disabilities - Deaf Child Worldwide’s approach to support and safeguard children with deafness
Online training to improve your organisation's safeguarding practice
We offer two interactive online courses:
- Good safeguarding practice on 2-6 November: develop a robust approach to safeguarding, including recommended policies, appropriate reporting and response procedures, and improved ability to meet statutory and donor requirements.
- Managing safeguarding investigations on 25 November-4 December: practical guidance on developing risk assessments and terms of reference, appointing an investigation team, managing stakeholder relationships and the reporting procedure.
All of our courses now take place online.