Open information and accounts
We believe that all activities and decisions, and those of our members, should be transparent and open to public scrutiny. We welcome constructive debate about our policies and management practices.
Bond has an open information policy which details the information we share publicly and the information that we may exclude.
Because part of our work involves supporting our members to publish open data to the International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI) Standard, we have done so too.
We are committed to working in an open and transparent way. We want to celebrate success where appropriate and encourage objective assessment of our work. We are ready to be held to account and scrutinised by funders, members, the wider international development sector and beyond.
Bond's work is funded by member subscriptions, income generated through paid-for service, and grants, including strategic funding from UK aid through the Department for International Development (DFID) and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. If you would like to see a copy of our Ethical Fundraising Policy please contact us.
Vision, purpose, values
Our vision is a world of justice and equality, free from poverty, where human rights and the environment are respected. Our values are:
- Justice and solidarity
- Diversity and mutual respect
- Collaboration and participation
- Sustainability and shared responsibility
- Transparency and accountability
The Bond Charter outlines the uniting principles of the Bond network.
Bond is itself a member of the following networks and organisations:
- Development Studies Association
- Gender and Development Network
- Global Call to Action against Poverty (GCAP)
- Global Economic Justice Networks
- ImpACT Coalition
- National Council of Voluntary Organisations (NCVO)
- The Corporate Responsibility Coalition (CORE)
- The Reality of Aid
The UK Alliance of National Networks for International Development
Bond and the national networks of Scotland (Scotland's International Development Alliance) Wales (Hub Cymru Africa) and Northern Ireland (CADA) work together, through an alliance agreement, to maximise the collective potential of all their member organisations to eradicate poverty and injustice, based on the principles of collaboration and partnership.
We have published XML data on our current DFID accountable grant for 2013–2016 and our previous DFID grant for 2011–2013, as well as our current grant from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI) Standard, which can also be found on the IATI Registry. This data will be updated quarterly (in arrears) for the lifetime of the grants.
You can find out more about our approach to IATI publishing in our IATI implementation schedule.
Part of the IATI standard requires publication of documents relating to grants. Below you can find information on our DFID accountable grants. Annual reviews and other related documents will be added as they are created. Code from d-portal.org.
Gender pay gap data
DFID accountable grant 2013–2016
- Evaluation of Bond's 2013-16 Strategic Grant from DFID - Executive Summary
- Evaluation of Bond's 2013-16 Strategic Grant from DFID
- Research programme on the use and application of Bond/NIDOS effectiveness tools and services
- Business Case and Intervention Summary
European Year for Development 2015–2016
DFID accountable grant 2011–2013
- Proposal - Improving UK NGO Effectiveness
- Proposal - Improving UK NGO Transparency
- Proposal - Shaping EU Aid Performance
The following are a sample of independent evaluations of Bond activity:
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation grant 2011–2014: More and Better Aid
DFID Accountable Grant 2011-2013
- Independent Evaluation
- Evaluation Appendix A
- Evaluation Appendix B
- Management Response to Independent Evaluation
Bond Strategy 2006–2011
Big Lottery Fund grant
DFID Strategic Funding arrangements
- 2009–2011: management response to independent evaluation
- 2009–2011: independent evaluation
- 2009–2010: self-assessment
- 2009–2010: DFID feedback on self-assessment
- 2008–2009: self-assessment
Business model review, October 2009
Mentoring pilot, July 2011
Past Annual Reviews and Financial Statements
- Bond Report and Financial Statements 2017-2018
- Bond Report and Financial Statements 2016-2017
- Bond Report and Financial Statements 2015–2016
- Bond Report and Financial Statements 2014–2015
- Bond Report and Financial Statements 2013–2014
- Bond Report and Financial Statements 2012–2013
- Bond Report and Financial Statements 2011–2012