On this page
Bond has over 40 working groups with more than 3,000 members, each focusing on key thematic areas in the development and humanitarian sector.
Join these communities of practice to discuss challenges, share resources and network with other professionals. Groups meet online at present. Some groups also undertake advocacy and influence policy-making.
Connect during Covid-19
Bond’s working groups are continuing to convene online and share learning during the Covid-19 pandemic. Here are some groups you can join to help your organisation and the sector respond to the crisis:
- Our funding-related working groups are working to influence DFID to relax their funding policies so NGOs can respond quickly to emerging challenges. A weekly update is posted through these groups.
- Join the Policy and Lobbying Group to find innovative ways to engage with political stakeholders and coordinate around key parliamentary processes.
- The Aid Effectiveness Group is monitoring the use of aid in the government’s Covid-19 response and discussing how the aid budget could be spent more effectively to reach the world’s poorest.
- The Humanitarian Group is shaping advocacy asks to ensure humanitarian relief can best support measures to reduce the impact of Covid-19 on the most vulnerable countries. The Conflict Policy Group is exploring the issue of conflict sensitivity and Covid-19.
- The UK WASH Network is coordinating organisational responses and sharing learning relating to the virus.
- The Small NGOs Group is sharing experiences and concerns around the instability and difficult decisions they face as organisations with already limited capacity.
- The Disability and Development Group is working with DFID to ensure a more inclusive Covid-19 response, and is regularly sharing practical advice, tools and suggestions.
- Join the Sustainable Economic Development and/or the Sustainable Development Goals groups for bigger-picture policy conversations on the wider implications of the virus for developing countries and help develop recommendations we can all use in our advocacy with UK decision makers.
- The Project Management Group is sharing knowledge, skills and tools to effectively and efficiently serve those who are in the most need