Safeguarding report-handling toolkit
20 core elements: a toolkit to strengthen safeguarding report-handling
Wednesday, August 7, 2019
This toolkit provides principles and a description of the core elements of a safeguarding report-handling mechanism.
The elements and principles described in the toolkit can help you to evaluate the safeguarding reporting-handling mechanism you have to identify strengths, weaknesses, or gaps. Well-functioning safeguarding report-handling mechanisms will prevent as well as respond to concerns and incidents because they:
- Increase awareness of safeguarding policies.
- Log concerns for early detection of harm caused by staff, operations, and programmes.
- Demonstrate organisational commitment.
- Increase awareness of how concerns, incidents, and reports are handled.
- Reduce impunity.
- Rapidly respond to stop any further harm.
The toolkit also includes a set of symbols to help you to visually represent the safeguarding report-handling mechanism you have in place in the form of a flowchart. Using pictures and diagrams instead of text makes a flowchart understandable and accessible to the communities who will use it. It enables:
- People sharing concerns or incidents to be clearer about how any issues they raise will be handled.
- People involved in processing concerns or incidents to know their role in the overall mechanism.
Bond is looking for constructive feedback on the current version of this toolkit and case studies.
Complete the form below to download the toolkit.
A toolkit to strengthen safeguarding report-handling