Implementing the SDGs: lessons from around the world
8 February 2017
One year on from the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) coming into force, government representatives from Finland, Colombia, Germany, Uganda and the UK compared their experiences of implementing the SDGs.
Bond hosted an event with WWF UK and UK SSD in Westminster which was attended by 150 people, including MPs, civil servants, policy makers, business, academics and civil society. Speakers discussed common challenges and explored ways forward.
The event was chaired by Jon Snow and the speakers were:
- Rory Stewart MP, Minister of State at the Department for International Development
- Annika Lindblom, secretary-general, Finnish National Commission on Sustainable Development
- Felipe Castro, director of monitoring and evaluation of public policy, Colombian National Planning Department
- Jorg Mayer-Ries, head of division of Fundamental Aspects of Environmental Policy, German Federal Ministry for the Environment
- Humphery Rwabugahya, in place of Paul Okitoi, head of economic and strategic planning, Ugandan National Planning Authority