NEW: Winning and delivering DFID commercial contracts
This advanced level course will help you transform your organisation's performance when bidding for and delivering DFID contracts. If you want to increase your win:loss ratio, maximise you negotiation skills and approach to partnering or make that step from sub-contractor to prime, this course will show you how.
Commercial contracts provide new opportunities for NGOs to increase the reach and scale of their work and fulfil their strategic objectives. As DFID seek to broaden their supplier base and private sector consultancy firms face particular challenges, more and more NGOs are bidding for complex commercial contracts. However, this can come at a price, with heavy resource investments leading to unsuccessful bids or challenges during implementation.
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for NGO staff with some experience of commercial contracts or those who have previously attended Commercial contracting with DFID. It's for those who are actively involved in selecting bids to apply for and writing the bid submission, or who have unsuccessfully bid for a contract in the past.
What you will learn
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Assess when to pursue a tender and when your consortium is likely to lose
- Improve your submission for tender
- Maximise your organisation’s negotiating position with primes and sub-contractors
- Use agreements appropriately with primes and sub-contractors
- Manipulate your budget to meet different criteria
- Identify challenges in implementing commercial contracts and consider how your organisation might develop strategies to overcome these
- Manage relationships with primes, sub-contractors and DFID
- To bid or not to bid
- Competition analysis
- Implementation stages
- The contract
- Risks in commercial contracts
- Budgeting for the unexpected, fees and expenses
- Managing commercial contracts
- Renegotiating a budget
- Engaging with country offices
- Working with the private sector
- Challenges of close out
- Case study to apply learning
- Bond members >£2M annual spend
- Bond members <£2M annual spend
* 10% off if you book 8 weeks in advance; 5% off 3 or more bookings.
Contact us for special discounts if you're a student or unemployed.
off if you book early*
off multiple bookings*
In order to get the members' price, you will need to log in.
12 places remaining
17 places remaining