Tools and methods for monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning
This practical course gives you practical experience in using a range of MEAL tools and approaches such as focus groups, storytelling, stakeholder mapping, scalar tools and beneficiary feedback loops.
What you will learn
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the principles and good practice in the design and use of the following MEAL tools, and describe when they can be most appropriately used: focus group, key informant interview, stakeholder mapping exercise, ten seed technique, observation, scalar tools, after action review, real-time learning, storytelling, survey, longitudinal study.
- Use a simple method to analyse qualitative data
- Integrate beneficiary feedback into your decision making
- You will also gain practical experience in using the following MEAL tools during the course: focus group, stakeholder mapping, ten seed technique, scalar tool, storytelling, survey
- Focus groups and key informant interviews
- Stakeholder mapping and ten seed technique
- Observation and scalar tools
- Learning: after action reviews and real-time learning
- Storytelling and analysing qualitative data
- Beneficiary feedback loops and longitudinal studies
- Bond members >£2M annual spend
- Bond members <£2M annual spend
* 10% off if you book 8 weeks in advance; 5% off 3 or more bookings.
Contact us for special discounts if you're a student or unemployed.
off if you book early*
off multiple bookings*
Thursday, February 13, 2020
15 places available