Tools and methods for monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning
For those involved in monitoring and evaluation of projects and programmes, who want to understand the range of tools and approaches available and to improve their skills in using these. You should have some prior experience of MEAL practice, or have attended our Introduction to monitoring evaluation, accountability and learning course, Planning and practice in monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning course, or similar.
One-day face-to-face course.
- 11 Jul 2019
- 7 Nov 2019
- 13 Feb 2020
- View availability
This practical, one-day course gives you a thorough grounding in a range of participatory monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) methods, tools and approaches. You will gain practical experience in using key tools such as focus groups, stakeholder mapping, scalar tools and beneficiary feedback loops.
What you will learn
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the principles and good practice in the design and use of the following MEAL tools, and describe when they can be most appropriately used: focus group, key informant interview, stakeholder mapping exercise, ten seed technique, observation, scalar tools, after action review, real-time learning, storytelling, survey, longitudinal study.
- Use a simple method to analyse qualitative data
- Integrate beneficiary feedback into your decision making
- You will also gain practical experience in using the following MEAL tools during the course: focus group, stakeholder mapping, ten seed technique, scalar tool, storytelling, survey
- Focus groups and key informant interviews
- Stakeholder mapping and ten seed technique
- Observation and scalar tools
- Learning: after action reviews and real-time learning
- Storytelling and analysing qualitative data
- Beneficiary feedback loops and longitudinal studies
- Bond members >£2M annual spend
- Bond members <£2M annual spend
* 10% off if you book 8 weeks in advance; 5% off 3 or more bookings.
Contact us for special discounts if you're a student or unemployed.
off if you book early*
off multiple bookings*
Thursday, July 11, 2019
16 places available
Thursday, November 7, 2019
18 places available
Thursday, February 13, 2020
18 places available