This course provides the essential information and best practice that will ensure your organisation is equipped to implement safeguarding and prevent sexual exploitation and abuse. Learn about recommended policies, appropriate reporting procedures, and considerations for statutory and donor requirements.
Take this course together with Developing good safeguarding practice and Promoting a culture of respect: Sexual harassment prevention for a thorough grounding in safeguarding and sexual harassment prevention for NGOs.
Who is it for?
Those with responsibility for developing and implementing safeguarding policies and procedures within their organisation. This course is particularly suitable for those from small and medium NGOs who are new to this area of work or who want to find out more.
What you will learn
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain what safeguarding means in the context in which we work, and why it is important
- Identify what should be in place in your organisation, and what the gaps are
- Complete an action plan to take back to your organisation
- What is safeguarding?
- What needs to be in place?
- Sector standards and guidelines
- Statutory and donor requirements
- Example safeguarding policies
- What constitutes a safeguarding concern?
- Reporting and responding to safeguarding concerns
- Risk mapping and response
- Action planning
- Bond members >£2M annual spend
- Bond members <£2M annual spend
* 10% off if you book 8 weeks in advance; 5% off 3 or more bookings.
Contact us for special discounts if you're a student or unemployed.
off if you book early*
off multiple bookings*
Monday, December 3, 2018
16 places available