Project Management (PMD Pro) Certification Level 2
If you have passed the PMD Pro Level 1 qualification and want to further develop your professional skills this course is for you. The programme is aimed at those involved in managing projects in the development and humanitarian sectors, and is particularly suitable for those who have completed Bond’s courses on project design and managing the project cycle, or equivalent. You must already hold the PMD Pro Level 1 qualification to take this course.
Completion of a self-study learning workbook in around 25 hours plu three two-hour online coaching sessions.
- 8 Jul - 5 Aug 2019
- View availability
This programme enables you to achieve level 2 of the PMD Pro - an internationally recognised project management qualification tailored to the international development and humanitarian sectors.
Building on the knowledge and understanding developed for your PMD Pro level 1 qualification and the practical skills gained on the job or through Bond’s Project design: the logical framework approach and Managing the project cycle courses, this programme of self-study learning materials and online exam preparation sessions will equip you to confidently take the PMD Pro Level 2 qualification.
What you will learn
This course will cover the complete content of the PMD Pro syllabus. By the end of the programme you will be able to analyse, apply and adapt the contents of the PMD Pro to address the challenges of different development contexts. Specifically you will be able to:
- Explain the principles, phases and disciplines of PMD Pro as they apply to development projects.
- Articulate the relationships between principles, phases and disciplines of PMD Pro.
- Adapt and apply PMD Pro to different development project environments.
- Outline the format of the PMD Pro level 2 exam and explain how the questions at level 2 differ from those at level 1.
- Gain a professional qualification which is aligned with existing internationally recognised project management standards and includes components specific to the NGO sector.
- Consolidate and build on the knowledge and understanding covered in PMD Pro level 1, and the practical skills gained by participating in Bond courses Project design: the logical framework approach and Managing the project cycle.
The full programme includes:
- Completion of a self-study learning workbook
- Three two-hour online coaching sessions
- Online PMD Pro Level 2 exam (at an additional cost)
Self-study learning workbook
This self-study module guides you through each of the PMD Pro level 2 syllabus areas. Using case studies, practical examples and self-assessed activities, you will build and refine your project management knowledge and skills, focusing on the key competencies required to pass the PMD Pro level 2 exam. Whereas level 1 tests knowledge and understanding, level 2 tests application and analysis. The self-study guide uses scenarios to enable you to practice these skills.
The self-study learning workbook will take around 25 hours to complete. Each section of the self-study workbook must be completed before the corresponding online coaching session.
Self-study workbook content
- Projects in the development sector
- The PMD Pro Project Phase Model
- Project identification and design
- Project set-up
- Project planning
- Project implementation
- Project monitoring, evaluation and control
- End of project transition
- Project management disciplines overview
- Scope management
- Time management
- Financial management
- Risk management
- Project Justification management
- Stakeholder management
- Supply Chain Management
- Adapting the PMD Pro
Online PMD Pro exam preparation coaching sessions
The online coaching sessions will revise any syllabus areas you are having particular difficulty with, and introduce you to exam techniques and practice exam questions that ensure you are fully prepared to successfully take and pass the PMD Pro exam.
There are three online coaching sessions:
Session 1 - 8 July 2019
Session 2 - 22 July2019
Session 3 - 5 August 2019
You will be advised which sections of the self-study learning workbook must be completed before each coaching session. At the end of all three online coaching sessions you will take the online PMD Pro exam.
Coaching sessions content
- Revision of the PMD Pro syllabus, with coaching sessions on specific topics identified by you
- Exam techniques and tips
- Guided practice exam questions
- Question and answer session
Get a 10% discount off all three project management courses if you book together with Project design: the logical framework approach and Managing the project cycle. Please contact us for a discount code.
- Bond members >£2M annual spend
- Bond members <£2M annual spend
* 10% off if you book 8 weeks in advance; 5% off 3 or more bookings.
Contact us for special discounts if you're a student or unemployed.
off if you book early*
off multiple bookings*
18 places available