Managing safeguarding investigations
Those with responsibility for managing safeguarding investigations, e.g. safeguarding leads or focal points, audit, compliance and risk managers, HR managers or designated safeguarding officers. You must have previously attended Bond’s good safeguarding practice or similar, or have an equivalent level of knowledge and skill gained through professional experience.
This is a blended course including a one-day face-to-face session and 5 hours of online activities. You will need to complete both face-to-face and online aspects to achieve the learning objectives.
- 11 Sep 2019
- 27 Nov 2019
- View availability
This course will equip you to manage organisational investigations into safeguarding concerns. You will receive practical guidance on developing risk assessments and terms of reference, appointing an investigation team, reporting and managing stakeholder relationships.
This course is not intended to prepare participants to carry out a safeguarding investigation or conduct safeguarding interviews themselves, but to oversee the required steps and follow key principles of conducting an investigation.
What you will learn
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the fundamentals and key principles of managing a safeguarding concern
- Develop an outline of a risk assessment and terms of reference
- Manage stakeholder relationships throughout and beyond an investigation
- Support an outcome that follows due process and is survivor and witness-focussed
- Key principles of investigating a safeguarding concern
- Roles and responsibilities of stakeholders; delineation of duties
- Convening key stakeholders and selecting the investigation team
- Risk assessments, terms of reference
- Identifying safeguarding breaches in policies
- Identifying potential witnesses and documentary evidence required
- Supporting stakeholders; the survivor, investigations team and others
- Overseeing the investigation reports and next steps
You will attend a one-day face-to-face workshop on 11 September 2019, followed by approximately 5 hours of online activities during the following two weeks.
- Bond members >£2M annual spend
- Bond members <£2M annual spend
* 10% off if you book 8 weeks in advance; 5% off 3 or more bookings.
Contact us for special discounts if you're a student or unemployed.
off if you book early*
off multiple bookings*
Wednesday, September 11, 2019
5 places available
Wednesday, November 27, 2019
18 places available