Introduction to IATI publishing for development organisations
Jump into the world of International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI) data publishing with both feet and come up swimming! This one-day course for development organisations will give you everything you need to get your data published to the International Aid Transparency Initiative Registry.
The course runs you through the theory and practice of transparency, IATI-style in the morning, and then gives you the chance to practice and create your first dataset with the freely available IATI software in the afternoon.
Who is it for?
This course is aimed at development organisations who are considering using the IATI data standard to share information on their projects, to enhance their transparency and to meet donor grant or contract requirements.
The day includes: understanding the IATI data standard, setting up a sustainable IATI publishing process within your organisation, DFID and Netherlands MFA requirements, and a practical workshop in the afternoon.
What you will learn
By the end of the workshop, we hope you will:
- Have an understanding of the context of the IATI open data standard, how other organisations are using it to communicate about their projects, and how the data is used around the world.
- Have an understanding of the types of information you will be sharing via IATI and the risks and opportunities associated with this, and how to meet DFID and Netherlands MFA requirements.
- Have an understanding of how to set up a sustainable business process for IATI data publishing
- Have practical experience of using the software and publishing your first set of IATI data; and
- Know where to get further help and support.
Based on the information available, IATI looks wholly unapproachable, intimidating and not hugely helpful. This workshop blew all of those myths away.
Nicky, IATI workshop participant 2015
- Bond members >£2M annual spend
- Bond members <£2M annual spend
* 10% off if you book 8 weeks in advance; 5% off 3 or more bookings.
Contact us for special discounts if you're a student or unemployed.
off if you book early*
off multiple bookings*
In order to get the members' price, you will need to log in.
Tuesday, May 23, 2017
16 places remaining
Tuesday, July 11, 2017
18 places remaining