Innovation is critical for organisations wanting to meet the scale of current global challenges, increase their impact and stay relevant in a changing context – and donors are increasingly demanding it.
Through a design-led process, this course provides a grounding in the key principles and stages of innovation, as well as the opportunity to practise using innovation techniques, tools and processes that can be incorporated into your everyday work to help you develop new and better solutions.
Who is it for?
This course is for anyone who wants to increase the impact of their organisation’s work or support the design of more effective programmes to tackle development problems. It is particularly for you if:
- You play a key role in helping your organisation to develop new initiatives, design and implement new programmes, or be more creative, agile and future-focused
- You have responsibility for encouraging innovation in your team or NGO
- You are interested in understanding more about innovation and how you can develop your, and your organisation’s, knowledge and skills in this area
What will you learn?
You will learn a range of innovation techniques and processes to help you come up with better solutions, new ideas and more effective programmes. By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Find new ways to analyse and understand a problem
- Turn user insight into opportunity areas
- Develop new services or programmes
- Generate more creative ideas to solve complex problems
- Prototype, test and verify new ideas quickly and cheaply
- Consider where you can introduce innovation techniques into your daily work and your organisation’s current practices
- An introduction to innovation: key concepts, principles and processes
- Problem definition
- Building empathy / capturing user insights
- Creative idea generation
- Introduction to prototyping
- Identifying entry points for innovation in your work
- Bond members >£2M annual spend
- Bond members <£2M annual spend
* 10% off if you book 8 weeks in advance; 5% off 3 or more bookings.
Contact us for special discounts if you're a student or unemployed.
off if you book early*
off multiple bookings*
In order to get the members' price, you will need to log in.
Wednesday, November 22, 2017
18 places remaining