DFID proposal writing: preparing a high-scoring DFID application
Essential if you’re intending to apply for a DFID grant. Suitable for anyone involved in writing a concept note or full proposal for a DFID grant either from central or in-country funds.
One-day face-to-face course.
- 2 Oct 2019
- 5 Feb 2020
- View availability
This practical course equips you with the essential skills and knowledge to write a strong funding proposal that fully meets DFID’s priorities and requirements. Learn how to address key DFID themes such as leave no-one behind and value for money and work towards creating an impactful proposal with the best chance of success. You will also discover what is required at the full proposal and grant agreement stages.
What you will learn
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Respond effectively to the key sections of DFID application forms
- Use project planning tools to design and present your project effectively for a strong application
- Write convincingly about how your project addresses cross-cutting themes such as gender and leave no-one behind
- Effectively address DFID’s requirements including MEL, value for money and beneficiary feedback
- Identify additional information required for a full proposal and learn what to expect in the grant agreement phase
The DFID application form
- Compare application forms across funds and identify key requirements
Using project planning tools to prepare your application
- Problem tree
- Theory of change
- Logical framework
Building cross-cutting themes into your application
- Leave no one behind
- Value for money
- Beneficiary feedback
Full proposals and grant agreements
- What to expect at the next stage
Proposal review service
We also offer an added service where one of our experts can review your concept note or full proposal and provide comprehensive feedback. You do not need to have attended the training course to use this service.
- Bond members >£2M annual spend
- Bond members <£2M annual spend
* 10% off if you book 8 weeks in advance; 5% off 3 or more bookings.
Contact us for special discounts if you're a student or unemployed.
off if you book early*
off multiple bookings*
Wednesday, October 2, 2019
16 places available
Wednesday, February 5, 2020
18 places available