DFID proposal writing and grant management
This new and highly practical course equips you with the essential skills and knowledge needed to write a strong funding proposal that fully meets DFID’s priorities and requirements.
Following an introduction to DFID’s new priorities and themes, you will focus in-depth on preparing a concept note for UK Aid Match or UK Aid Direct under the guidance of our expert facilitator, to work towards creating an impactful proposal with the best chance of success.
You will also learn what is required at the full proposal stage and how to manage your grant. This grounding will give you the confidence and ability to work smoothly through the contracting phase, maintain a good reporting relationship throughout the project delivery and develop a productive working relationship with DFID in the longer term.
Who is it for?
Essential if you’re involved in preparing a concept note for UK Aid Match or UK Aid Direct or responsible for managing a DFID grant.
What you will learn
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Write a strong concept note for UK Aid Match or UK Aid Direct
- Prepare your organisation for success by understanding DFID requirements for MEL systems, Value for Money, transparency and due diligence
- Explain DFID’s priorities clearly and confidently to others in your organisation
- Identify additional information required for a full proposal
- Set up systems to manage DFID grants well to ensure compliance and future contracts
- Create an action plan for improving organisational practices and systems for working more effectively with DFID
Concept note review service
We also offer an added service where one of our experts can review your concept note and provide comprehensive feedback. You do not need to have attended the training course to use this service.
See what others have been saying:
- How DFID works, where to find key information and important sources of intelligence
- DFID’s approach to value for money, due diligence, MEL and other concepts
- Calls for proposals: navigating call documents
- Making an application: practical sessions working on your own logframe, budget and concept note narrative
- Managing successful grants: navigating the contract stage, SMART rules, setting up systems, communicating success and challenges
- Review and action planning: turning your learning and ideas into action
- Bond members >£2M annual spend
- Bond members <£2M annual spend
* 10% off if you book 8 weeks in advance; 5% off 3 or more bookings.
Contact us for special discounts if you're a student or unemployed.
off if you book early*
off multiple bookings*
In order to get the members' price, you will need to log in.
17 places remaining
18 places remaining
18 places remaining