DFID essentials: funding mechanisms, policies and priorities
This course is essential preparation for those new to working with DFID. Discover what DFID cares about, what they expect from you and how your organisation can adapt to work effectively with them. Learn what DFID mean by value for money, theory of change, beneficiary feedback and other key topics, including their due diligence requirements.
One-day face-to-face course. The course runs from 10:00 am - 5:30 pm with registration open from 9:30 am.
Who is it for?
For those new to working with DFID. Suitable for fundraising staff and those hoping to apply for either central or in-country DFID grants or contracts.
What you will learn
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain DFID’s strategy and priorities clearly and confidently to others in your organisation
- Describe the range of funding mechanisms DFID offers and where to find out about these
- Compare different funds and identify those your organisation could apply for
- Describe key approaches organisations need to follow when working with DFID including theory of change, logical frameworks, value for money, beneficiary feedback, adaptive management
- Identify key steps your organisation must take to be ready to apply for DFID funding
DFID Headlines: strategy & priorities
- What is DFID’s overall remit & goal?
- DFID’s priorities for development
- What makes DFID distinct from other donors?
DFID Headlines: spending
- How much is spent and how is it allocated
- Introduction to grants vs contracts
- How to find DFID funding
- Introduction to key funds eg Aid Direct, Aid Match, Prosperity Fund, Innovation Funds
Exploring DFIDs key requirements
- Theory of change
- Logical frameworks
- Value for money
- Beneficiary feedback
- Adaptive management
- Due diligence
- Bond members >£2M annual spend
- Bond members <£2M annual spend
* 10% off if you book 8 weeks in advance; 5% off 3 or more bookings.
Contact us for special discounts if you're a student or unemployed.
off if you book early*
off multiple bookings*