Developing good safeguarding practice
This practical workshop supports you to create an effective set of policies and procedures that will help your organisation achieve its safeguarding objective. Under the guidance of our expert facilitator, Lucy Heaven Taylor, you will develop a safeguarding objective aligned to your organisation's specific context and start to put together the policies and procedures that will strengthen your organisation's response to safeguarding challenges.
Take this course together with Safeguarding essentials for a thorough grounding in safeguarding for NGOs.
Who is it for?
Those with responsibility for developing and implementing safeguarding policies and procedures within their organisation. This course is particularly suitable for those from small and medium NGOs, who have had some exposure to safeguarding and want to improve their understanding and organisational practice.
What you will learn
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Develop a safeguarding objective for your organisation
- Develop the outline of core safeguarding policies
- Identify what other policies and procedures are needed
- Complete a workplan to finalise core policies
- Developing a safeguarding objective
- Reviewing core safeguarding policies
- Procedures to support your policy: recruitment, induction, safeguarding reports, communications and content gathering
- Applying your policies and procedures to case studies
- Identifying challenges and how to strengthen you organisation to address them
- Action planning
- Bond members >£2M annual spend
- Bond members <£2M annual spend
* 10% off if you book 8 weeks in advance; 5% off 3 or more bookings.
Contact us for special discounts if you're a student or unemployed.
off if you book early*
off multiple bookings*
Wednesday, July 18, 2018
1 places remaining
Tuesday, October 2, 2018
18 places remaining