Video producer & editor (Part time)
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty.
Working in 24 countries around the world, our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their skills, perspectives and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, they help the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty.
VSO focuses delivers long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come.
Can you help tell the stories of some of the world’s most resilient, courageous and inspiring people – sensitively and creatively - through film? Do you want to support one of world’s leading international development would love to hear from you.
VSO is seeking a Video Producer & Editor who will play a critical role shaping video storytelling as part of the global content team.
Based in our friendly office in Kingston-upon-Thames three days a week, you will apply your creativity, editing and project management skills to producing a regular output of quality film products. These will include short snappy impact videos, social media cut-downs, fundraising films and engaging animations.
Your knowledge of best practice and applying creative storytelling techniques will play an important role in developing our video content strategy, continually boosting the quality of VSO’s video output, driving business goals all while creating a meaningful emotional connection with audiences.
You will use your skills as a camera operator to support with filming at UK events where required.
You will also be responsible for maintaining our on-site video unit, keeping an eye on equipment maintenance, archiving and licensing.
The role may require evening and weekend working, and travel within the UK.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Highly skilled in using video effectively to tell stories, create an emotional impact and drive action.
- At least 5+ years professional experience as an editor or video content producer.
- Excellent technical skills as an editor, including knowledge of Adobe Creative suite including Premiere Pro (or equivalent), After Effects and Photoshop.
- Skilled camera operator, sound recordist, lighting technician
- Varied portfolio of completed film work, ideally including experience of video case studies, impact films and fundraising subjects.
- Strong communication skills with demonstrable ability to negotiate, persuade and influence
- Strong project management skills, such as experience delivering projects against time, quality and resource targets, especially working to tight budgets and timeframes.
- Understanding of optimising video content for different audiences including decision-makers and digital audiences
- Combines creativity with technical skills and a meticulous, organised work style.
- Desirable: Some experience volunteering overseas, working in developing countries or demonstrable interest in international development issues
- Desirable: Understanding of licensing and ethical standards in filmmaking and in use of contributors.
- Desirable: Experience of using a CMS for uploading and editing content
- Desirable: Demonstrable content generation skills such as research and interviewing
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce. We also offer a range of benefits, including;
- A friendly and supportive office environment
- Opportunities for flexible working and working from home
- Generous annual leave of 37 days (inclusive of public holidays)
- Competitive pension with Scottish Widows
- Employee and Volunteer Assistance Programme
- Personal accident insurance
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Professional development
- Additional Leave for Parents and Carers
- VDU Eye Care Vouchers
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
Please mention Bond when you apply for this position.