Organisation: Thomson Reuters Foundation
Deadline: 21 December 2018
Job type: 24-month contract renewable
Location: South Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London
About Thomson Reuters Foundation
The Thomson Reuters Foundation stands for free, independent journalism, human rights, women’s empowerment, and the rule of law. The Foundation does not provide grants. Instead, we implement our own programmes, raising awareness of key under-reported issues that affect vulnerable communities, fostering excellence in journalism, spreading the practice of pro bono legal assistance, and creating opportunities for collaboration between decision makers, thought leaders, and civil society, with the ultimate goal to promote socio-economic progress and the rule of law worldwide.
The Foundation has a growing portfolio of projects funded by corporate, institutional and government international donors. We have offices in 14 countries. We speak 35 languages. We work in partnership with journalists, law firms, social enterprises, NGOs and human rights leaders to foster socio-economic progress and strengthen the rule of law around the world.
About the Role
Based in the Media Development team, the Project Manager will work across the organisations operational teams to ensure that donor-funded projects are implemented according to both the Foundation’s mission & standards and in line with the Grant Contracts.
The Project Manager will be working with high value budgets so experience in project planning, monitoring, reporting, financial management skills, high level of numeracy, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
The position will be based in Thomson Reuters Foundation office in Canary Wharf, London.
- Deliver and monitor contract implementation – progress against milestones, timelines, budget spending, etc.
- Make sure that reporting requirements are clear to all involved and that accurate data is available.
- Facilitate timely feedback on draft contracts, proposals, and budgets from all teams (Finance, Legal, FR, M&E, etc.) as appropriate.
- Responsible for Finance monthly accounting & monitoring / year end and donor accounting/ reporting and reporting (including completing monthly Journo packs with Finance)
- Establish coordination across all teams involved in delivery; ensure that the roles and responsibilities are clear to all involved staff; coordinate the delivery of activities by the teams as per project plans; advise other teams on project and financial management.
- Collate operational / project staff time sheets and ensure these are sent to Finance on time at month end.
- Organize regular internal project meetings, take minutes, follow up actions, etc.
- Ensure timely and correct donor reporting (both financial and narrative) in line with agreed Project requirements and timelines. By collate reporting inputs from all teams involved, including , Editorial, Comms, M&E, and Media Development..
- Provide written and verbal project updates to all involved as agreed.
Key skills and experience
- Experience in the charity sector project management (understanding of how it operates at local, regional and international levels). Experience of working in a media organisation is an advantage.
- Proven project and financial management accounting, monitoring and reporting skills. Experience with systems and processes in managing projects against milestones, dependencies, resources, and associated risks.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience of managing competing priorities in a fast paced environment.
- An exceptional communicator with strong writing and communication skills.
A creative quick thinker who is also a highly motivated self-starter, with an ability to work independently and contribute ideas for improvement.
- Experience working with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Fluent in English.
- Educated to Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent.
London and the southeast
Canary Wharf, London
Communications Effectiveness Finance Funding Fundraising Leadership Management Media Monitoring, evaluation and learning Projects and programmes
Please mention Bond when you apply for this position.