This role shall be responsible for management of WHPCA grants, especially for international palliative care development work with DFID funding, to ensure that all terms of the grant(s) are met.
- To ensure grant funded WHPCA programmes are implemented in an effective and efficient manner, and in line with donor requirements, putting in place effective management systems and providing support and guidance to international partners.
- To build and maintain key relationships with international stakeholders to identify and develop potential international projects, including for the multi-country programme to implement the palliative care resolution
- To develop maintain and implement effective financial management and monitoring processes; coordinate timely payments to partners for projects, and ensure clear and timely financial reporting to donors, in coordination with Hospice UK Finance department.
- To ensure progress and final reports are prepared in a timely manner on grant funded programmes
- To lead on the monitoring and evaluation of WHPCA’s international programmes, both for accountability and learning.
- To build capacity of partners for monitoring and evaluation (for example, guidance on logframes, theory of change and other M&E models).
- To ensure effective dissemination of learning from our international projects to relevant partners, contacts and networks.
- Assist the WHPCA staff team by providing project design and development advice and guidance
- Review and quality control funding applications
- Demonstrable experience of managing international development projects particularly DFID funded programmes
- Experience in developing projects and applications for funding
- Experience of working with people from different geographical regions, backgrounds and cultures.
- Experience in developing and delivering programmes with international partners.
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Degree level education in International Development or a related field or equivalent in experience.
London and the southeast
Projects and programmes
The WHPCA is a registered UK charity consisting of an alliance of over 250 national and regional hospice and palliative care organizations in 94 countries. Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. We look foward to your joining our team!
Please mention Bond when you apply for this position.