Proforest is seeking a highly motivated programme finance professional with practical experience in the charity/NGO/non-profit sector to quickly take on a leading role in our programme finance team. This is an exciting opportunity to join Proforest.
Proforest is a not-for-profit, mission-driven organisation that works with producers and other private sector partners, as well as governments, civil society organisations and NGOs, throughout agricultural and forest product supply chains. Proforest is now an established world leader in the development and implementation of sustainable production and responsible sourcing with a global presence. Our head office is in the UK with regional offices in Malaysia, Ghana, Colombia and Brazil. We are working across agricultural and forest product supply chains, with particular focus on palm oil, soy, sugar cane, cattle and cocoa, helping companies, governments, non-governmental and civil society organisations to achieve sustainable use of the world’s natural resources.
Proforest provides practical advisory support to producers, processors and purchasers to help them work in environmentally and socially responsible ways. We also implement donor-funded programmes, which aim to create the enabling environment, and build the capacity required, to deliver agriculture and forest commodities sustainably at scale. We work at all levels throughout agricultural commodity supply chains – from international policy and legislation to practical operations on the ground – to support the implementation of responsible sourcing mechanisms and achieve positive sustainability impacts. Sample clients include Nestlé, Unilever, Wilmar, Cargill, PepsiCo, Bunge, AAK, and Mondelez.
Experience and knowledge
Financial management, accounting and reporting
- At least 5 years experience working on financial accounting and reporting in a charity/ NGO/ non-profit entity implementing not for profit projects/ programmes
- Experience maintaining financial accounting information systems (including project/programme modules/systems)
- Experience of generating and reconciling financial, management, and financial performance reports
Non-profit / charity finances, including audit, due diligence and good practice
- Relevant experience working to support financial management of non-profit Programmes/projects and Funding Grants for a charity/ NGO/ non-profit entity
- Experience of reporting to Grant funding donors/institutions
- Experience and knowledge of budgeting, and organisational finances – including multi-currency, multi-country and multi-stakeholder/group environment
- Experience working in coordination with other team members, other internal functional stakeholders)/teams (technical, operations etc and external stakeholders (group entities, partners, donors)
- Experience of Management and coordination of sub-grantees and contractors
- Experience assisting with audit reviews
Working with grant funding donors – proposals, work planning and reporting
- Experience on supporting financial management and coordination of implementation partners/subgrantees in grants funded non-profit environments
- Understanding of contractual and accountability/compliance terms in a non-profit environment
- Experience supporting business periods and contract closing processes
- Understanding of due diligence/good practice requirements
- Qualified AAT or Part Qualified ACCA or CIMA
- Experience supporting the development of existing financial and reporting systems and their implementation
- Experience in due diligence/internal audit reviews or/and implementation of systems for adequate risk control environment
- Excellent organisational skills and efficient management and prioritisation of multiple tasks and deadlines
- Experience of responding to competing deadlines and managing multiple tasks and priorities within a working environment
- Reliable and understands the importance of meeting deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to foster positive working relationships with diverse internal and external individuals
- Ability to work well under pressure – especially time pressure
- Numerate and good attention to detail
- Able to demonstrate initiative and flexibility
- Good analytical and planning skills
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to resolve problem and queries quickly and efficiently
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, in coordination with other in a team or/and under supervision
- Fluency in English (essential)
- Good knowledge of and ability to work with financial accounting systems (eg Sage) and internal information management systems (eg SharePoint)
- Advance IT skills (able to use with proficiency MS Office – especially strong working knowledge of Excel, Skype for Business, Teleconferencing etc)
- Fluency in another language (desirably Portuguese, Spanish, French)
Salary and practical details
- Salary range: £30 - £35,000 (depending on experience).
- Location: Oxford, UK.
- Full time position.
- Benefits: Proforest has a company pension scheme; details on request.
London and the southeast
Projects and programmes
Please send your CV, a cover letter explaining your suitability for the position and confirmation that you are eligible to work in the UK to [email protected] or by post to:
Human Resources | Proforest |South Suite | Frewin Chambers |Frewin Court | Oxford OX1 3HZ |UK
Proforest is an equal opportunity employer.
Please mention Bond when you apply for this position.