This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic programme manager to make a difference by joining our friendly team to support projects globally, focusing on social and economic policy challenges!
Position: Programme Manager
Reporting to: Head of Programmes
Location: Orpington, Greater London
Contract Type: Permanent and full-time
Salary: £33,000 to £39,000 per annum
You will be joining us at an exciting time as we look to expand our programme management team and strengthen our project delivery across the globe. This is a great opportunity to join a new team and make your mark by helping to develop effective and efficient project management capabilities, systems, processes and procedures. In return, you will receive a range of opportunities to work with different partners and clients, professional development to continue to develop your project management career and the ability to grow within Development Pathways.
Our Orpington head office is home to a team of 20+ who are committed to transforming social policies to ensure that the world’s most vulnerable people are not forgotten. We work hard and are passionate about what we do. We find time to discuss important issues and ways we as a company can support initiatives that we are passionate about. We also find the time to socialise, when not in lockdown and have a casual culture around the office that allows for interaction across all levels in the company.
Please note that due to the COVID-19 crisis, all employees are currently working from home.
The Programme Manager will be responsible for coordinating a portfolio of projects within our Social Policy and/or Social and Economic Analysis teams.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
To oversee the operational delivery across a range of projects:
- Ensure the delivery of projects within our London office within their agreed timeline, budget, scope and to high quality, working alongside the Heads of the Technical Units;
- Ensure all project procedures, administration and systems are functioning and effective;
- Oversee the financial management of projects, including forecasting, and regular reporting;
- Ensure strong management of project documentation and support project reporting;
- Help build strong and productive relations with clients and partner organisations;
- Ensure that consultants are given effective support and develop a strong allegiance to Development Pathways;
- Oversee risk management for the projects in portfolio;
- Provide oversight and support to field operations teams across projects;
- Undertake risk management of assigned projects,
- Contributing to the establishment of new and improved project management processes, policies and procedures.
- Effective line management, advice, support, professional development and mentorship to Programme Officers.
Terms of Employment and Benefits
Recruitment will be at the mid management level and is a permanent and full-time post. Along with basic salary, the successful candidate would receive an attractive package of the following:
- Fulfilling work - work directly with end-users in some of the world’s most underserved communities.
- Flexible work - Development Pathways offers employees flexible work hours and remote work options.
- Generous time off - recharge with 30-holiday entitlement plus standard bank holidays.
- Travel the World- we are committed to seeing our work in action, all around the world up to 4 weeks in a year.
- Excellent health and well-being provision – access to the company private health care scheme (after the satisfactory completion of the probationary period, pension scheme and Employee Assistance Programme.
- Commitment to professional development opportunities - we encourage our staff to participate in professional learning and development.
- Provision of a company laptop and working at home benefit.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- Undergraduate degree in Management, International Relations, Social Policy,
Business Management, or other relevant discipline;
- Five (5) years of experience in project management, operations and
administrative management, with skills that are transferable to international
- Two (2) years of experience in managing individuals and teams;
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and communications skills;
- Ability to take initiative and work independently;
- A high-level of attention to detail
- Technologically knowledgeable and highly proficient with Microsoft office suite
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English;
- A commitment to social justice, gender equality and women’s empowerment.
- PRINCE2, PMP or another project management qualification desirable;
- Master’s degree.
- Proficiency in another language;
- Experience of international development.
London and the southeast
Consulting Projects and programmes
How to apply
We invite interested candidates to please send:
- Your CV and cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for the post of Programme Manager and how you meet the above criteria.
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK.
- Applications should be sent to [email protected].
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we retain the right to close this role without notice.
- Due to the high number of applications expected, unfortunately only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Closing date for this post will be 26th July 2020.
Development Pathways is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, family or parental status, or disability status.
Please mention Bond when you apply for this position.