Closing date: 25 March 2019
Job Type: Paid
Purpose of the role:
This is an exciting role for somebody interested in supporting the development of the UK branch of an international NGO with global reach. The purpose of this role is to strengthen Tdh UK’s communications and to build our reputation among external stakeholders. This will be achieved primarily through digital channels, in line with our strategy to establish and promote Tdh UK as a legitimate and credible member of the community of international children’s rights agencies in the UK. In addition, the post-holder will also be required to provide administrative support.
The post-holder will be responsible for the following duties:
1) To support the CEO to develop and implement a comprehensive communications strategy
2) To enhance our digital presence through regularly updating the website, and engaging in all relevant social media as appropriate, systematically growing social media engagement in line with agreed targets
3) To produce a quarterly newsletter
4) To contribute to the development of an annual report
5) To promote the technical expertise of Tdh and build stakeholder by organising showcase events
6) To work with the CEO to identify opportunities to place articles, think pieces and other communications materials, which reflect and promote Tdh UK’s strategic priorities, liaising with Tdh technical specialists as appropriate
7) To develop corporate communications materials to support fund-raising and conduct research to support the development of funding proposals
8) To provide administrative support to the CEO as required and deal effectively with telephone calls, mail, and emails
9) To support the CEO with governance, including organising and taking minutes of board meetings
10) To as the key point of contact with a wide range of stakeholders, including trustees, international colleagues, partners and external agencies
11) To provide support with organising meetings and events, including liaison with international partners and stakeholders
12) To order stationery and ensure that there are sufficient supplies of resources
13) To create and maintain electronic and hard files
14) To design, maintain and review office management and information systems
15) To undertake such other reasonable duties commensurate with the level of the role.
You will be managed by the CEO of Tdh UK.
In view of the nature of the work involved, any offer of appointment will be conditional on a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Terms and Conditions
Contract: This position is offered on a permanent basis.
Annual Leave: The post-holder will be entitled to 25 days per year annual leave pro-rata
Pension: The post-holder will be entitled to enrol in the NEST pension scheme with a 5% employer contribution Location: London with occasional travel to the Tdh Foundation Headquarters in Lausanne and potentially field visits.
Candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK.
Skills and abilities
• Communications skills, ideally obtained in the in the communications department of an international development agency or as a journalist
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with a high degree of accuracy in your work and the ability to pay close attention to detail
• The ability to organise work, translate plans into action and work to deadlines
• Flexibility, the ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently, exercise initiative and problem solve
• Excellent IT skills (accuracy, layout, presentation) and proficiency in the use of Microsoft packages (e.g. Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook and Internet Explorer)
• Influencing and advocacy skills
• Event management skills
• Desktop publishing skills (Indesign)
• Website maintenance experience
Knowledge and experience
• A track record of successfully raising organisational profile using a range of digital channels
• Experience of conducting research for funding proposals
• The ability to work well as a member of a small team, sometimes under pressure
• Understanding of – and commitment to – child rights
• Experience of working in international development
The application process
Please submit a short CV accompanied by a letter of no more than 2 pages detailing how you meet the criteria outlined in the person specification to [email protected].
Deadline for applications 5pm Thursday 21st March.
Interviews will be held Thursday 28th March
Only those invited to interview will be notified.
Please mention Bond when you apply for this position.