Closing date: 6 February 2020
Job Type: Paid
Location: Washington, D.C.
Itad is a leading international development consultancy providing technical advice to governments, foundations, multilateral agencies and non-profits on how to maximize the impact of their investments. We have a 30-year track record of providing our clients with the information and insight they need to make development work smarter, produce better results and improve people’s lives.
Our knowledge and expertise are grouped around Practice areas including Human Development, Fragile and Conflict-affected Settings, Inclusive Growth, Resilience and Natural Resources and Markets and Governance and Institutional Strengthening. We continue to grow in size, commercial performance and professional reputation and we are increasingly recognized as a global leader with a diverse client base including international development agencies and philanthropic foundations. We have recently opened our first international office in Washington, D.C. which reflects and supports this growth.
North America and Itad
Our new office in Washington D.C. provides a key platform for our existing North America based clients and partners, and helps to build additional business with new clients in the North America market. We are recruiting two experienced managers to support ambitious growth targets and build our US-based start-up into an established office to bid on, deliver and manage projects across our Practice areas.
Do you want to be part of a team that is passionate about making a difference and delivering insights that drive better development results? Are you motivated by challenge and enjoy playing a key role in developing and defining new initiatives?
We are recruiting two experienced, dynamic MEL professionals to join our D.C. based team to develop and maintain relationships with new and existing clients and partners. You will be experienced in business development and client relationship management in the US. You will manage active sales, generate business development opportunities, lead on proposal development, build our reputational capital and market presence, and develop and own stakeholder relationships. You will also contribute to the successful management and delivery of projects that will enable the success of our new office
These are exempt positions, reporting to the US Director and will require domestic and international travel.
You will have a graduate degree in a relevant discipline and a proven track record in one or more of the following: active sales, business development and proposal development for International Development. This will have been gained with clients including USAID, US Government Agencies, Multilateral agencies and Foundations. You will be able to lead M&E projects for one or more of our Practice areas.
Our consultants have exceptional skill and strengths across four core areas:
As a change agent, you will have demonstrated facilitation and communication skills and experience, conveying ideas to clients and teams in a clear and focused style, flexing your technique to suit the environment, and in a way that generates buy-in and supports learning.
As a trusted advisor, you will have a strong understanding of how our clients work, and a demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with clients that generate repeat work. You will also have experience in successfully leading complex bid processes, including building and managing large teams and consortia.
As an evidence advocate, you will be utilizing your knowledge and experience of MEL to lead and advise others in the design and implementation of complex MEL projects and workstreams. You will have demonstrated technical expertise in designing MEL systems, tools and processes for a range of clients, and designing and delivering evaluations using a range of approaches and methodologies. You have used these methods to present evidence and analysis to clients – both written and verbally – in a clear, distilled and accessible way, facilitating engagement and use.
As a project manager, you will have a track record in managing and leading the delivery of complex projects, setting clear direction, managing risk and ensuring delivery of high-quality outputs that meet commercial targets and provide value for money.
We offer a competitive salary, as well as a generous benefits package including health insurance, paid leave, metro benefits, flexible schedules, opportunities for training and professional development, and an on-site gym membership.
* In collaboration with the US Director, identify, develop and maintain relationships with new and existing clients and partners, reflecting our strong reputation for professionalism and technical excellence. Through comprehensive market mapping and analysis, develop priorities and approaches to understand client and market needs and translate these needs into our service offering to enhance our growth and diversification
* Lead, support on and coordinate with our UK-based Business Development team on strategic and high-value proposals, including the technical and financial offers, relevant to the North America strategy
* Provide advice and practical experience on budgeting for specific markets (USAID and other USG departments, Foundations and Multilaterals) to ensure cost control and meet our commercial targets
* Pro-actively identify and attend relevant and key industry events and conferences
* Develop and share thought pieces that demonstrate our complementary skills and experiences
* Apply technical MEL experience through strong technical and project management delivery
Domestic and International travel is a core part of the role so being able to effectively manage your time and deliverables is essential
Who You Are
* Experienced MEL professional with a broad network built through successful development and delivery
* Confident and experienced in client liaison and able to quickly establish credible and strong working relationships with a diverse array of stakeholders, such as USAID and other USG departments, the UN, Development Finance Institutions, Foundations, global funds and international NGOs
* Proven track record of successfully winning high-value MEL-related contracts
* Experienced project manager and have delivered complex projects that are technically and commercially successful
* Strong track record in using your communication and interpersonal skills to develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, collaborators and partners from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures
* Fluent in written and spoken English, proficiency in French or Spanish would be an advantage
Itad Inc is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Successful candidates must have the right to live and work in the US
The application deadline is January 17th but please note that successful candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis.
Please mention Bond when you apply for this position.