Lead Consultant in the UK in support of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
SEEK Development is a consulting group based in Berlin, Germany, dedicated to supporting and shaping human development globally. The group provides specialized support to leading institutions in global development in the areas of strategy and policy, organizational evaluation and development, knowledge generation and advocacy.
SEEK Development is looking for an outstanding candidate to lead our work in the UK for the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). We advise BMGF’s Europe Office on a range of strategic issues and manage a network of consultants to support the Foundation’s advocacy and policy work across key European geographies. The Consultant will report into SEEK Development’s Berlin office and directly support the Foundation’s Government Relations Lead for the UK.
Overview of Tasks
1. Policy analysis and strategy development
The Consultant undertakes policy analysis and supports strategy development related to the UK, including:
- Support country strategy development and develop country-specific action plans
- Respond to requests for analysis of political developments
- Provide recommendations and advice on opportunities for engagement of BMGF’s European Office and Foundation leadership
2. Information and updates
The Consultant gathers and provides information on recent developments related to UK development policy, including:
- Provide targeted intelligence and ad-hoc updates on political developments in selected areas
- Prepare succinct English language summary of key documents, meetings etc.
- Provide input into briefing materials
3. Relationships and networks
The Consultant will assist in strengthening the voice of the Foundation with regard to the UK including:
- Deepen relationships and collaboration with key stakeholders (government, parliament, CSOs, academia/think tanks); identify and facilitate access to decision-makers (where required)
- Prepare and provide support for Foundation leadership/staff visits
- Assist the Foundation in relationship management with grantees
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter with the subject line “UK Consultant” at your earliest convenience but not later than 31 March 2017 to email@example.com.
For a full ToR, please download the attachment.
Please mention Bond when you apply for this position.