ONE is looking for an energetic and experienced Humanitarian Data Manager to coordinate the development and launch of a Humanitarian Data Dashboard.
ONE is a global campaign and advocacy organization co-founded by Bono and backed by over seven million people from around the world and every walk of life that are committed to the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. We hold world leaders to account for the promises made to the poorest, and we press them to support better policies and more effective aid. We also work with leaders in Africa to support greater democracy, accountability and transparency so these resources can be effectively deployed. ONE operates from Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris, Rotterdam and Washington DC.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
ONE is looking for an energetic and experienced Humanitarian Data Manager to coordinate the development and launch of a Humanitarian Data Dashboard. This position will drive the creation and dissemination of an innovative online data dashboard to better track refugee populations, funding and needs gaps. The Manager will also work with colleagues across the organization to provide policy analysis and guidance in support of the overall humanitarian and global security and development agenda.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced tech project manager and great team player with an understanding of refugee, humanitarian security and global development issues; strong data analysis skills, and the ability to forge strong relationships with key stakeholders and propose actionable policy measures. Most importantly, she or he will have huge drive and determination to help ONE to play its part in addressing the escalating refugee crises and humanitarian needs, in the context of our overall mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease. Please note that this is a temporary, fixed term position lasting twelve months.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Facilitate the creation of an online dashboard that can act as a one stop shop for data on refugee funding, needs, and populations, in partnership with key organisations;
- Create, maintain and leverage partnerships, relationships with key stakeholders, policymakers, agencies, governments and thought leaders;
- Work with ONE’s communications, advocacy and campaigns teams to deliver organization-wide activities on refugees, global security and development issues;
- As a member of the Global Policy team, proactively contribute to the development of new or emerging global policy areas, as needed;
- Provide policy research and analysis of refugees and humanitarian aid in support of ONE’s global lobbying, advocacy, media and campaigning work;
- Represent ONE with government representatives and at events on humanitarian assistance, global security and development issues;
- Prepare briefings and reports for ONE’s website, for blog posts, for talking points, and for internal briefings;
- Any other duties as appropriate to the role.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred, preferably in a tech or development-related field;
- At least three years’ experience working in a relevant role;
- Experience working on refugee and humanitarian issues, particular in data analysis or collection is highly desirable;
- Outstanding project management skills, with the ability to drive results;
- Excellent political nous and understanding of national, regional and global political processes;
- Demonstrable track record of delivering results within current job is essential;
- Demonstrable understanding of the links between advocacy, policy-making, legislation, and implementation of programs;
- Outstanding research, writing and analytical skills, including the ability to synthesize complex policy issues into digestible briefings and communicate to non-specialist audiences;
- Excellent communications skills, with experience of influencing stakeholders and establishing and maintaining strong partnerships;
- Positive, constructive, can-do attitude is essential;
- Flexibility to respond to last minute requests and ability to turn work around fast is essential;
- Proven ability to work effectively in a global team environment and strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Flexible, resourceful and innovative with the ability to manage competing priorities in a rapidly changing environment;
- A self-starter, able to work independently, address any issues proactively, and focus on solutions
- A commitment to ONE’s aims, and embodying ONE’s values of justice, creativity, humility, accountability, integrity, and respect in all of their work and interactions with colleagues
If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty & preventable disease, please submit an application, resume and a cover letter on our jobs page. Applications that don’t include a cover letter may not be considered. This is a rolling recruitment. We will conclude the process when the job has been filled. No phone calls please. We thank all candidates for their interest; however we are only able to contact those who we decide to interview.
Only candidates eligible to work in the US or UK without restriction need apply.
London and the southeast
Advocacy Campaigning Digital Projects and programmes Transparency
Please mention Bond when you apply for this position.