ONE is seeking a Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) to provide HR support in a consultative and strategic manner for ONE’s operations in Europe.
ONE is a global campaign and advocacy organization co-founded by Bono and backed by nearly seven million people from around the world and every walk of life that are committed to the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. We hold world leaders to account for the promises made to the poorest, and we press them to support better policies and more effective aid and trade reform. We also work with leaders in Africa to support greater democracy, accountability and transparency so these resources can be effectively deployed. ONE has offices in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Johannesburg, London, New York City, Ottawa, Rotterdam, Paris and Washington DC.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
ONE is seeking a Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) to provide HR support in a consultative and strategic manner for ONE’s operations in Europe. The Europe HRBP will be responsible for providing expert advice, strategic and tactical support and implementation of HR initiatives for ONE staff based in Europe. He/she will work with the Chief People Officer with a dotted line to Europe Operations Director to develop and direct the implementation of human resources policies, plans and programs across Europe. This position will be based in London.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Provide HR consulting services to global human resources programs and policies, often encompassing several areas of human resources, including but not limited to organisational development, employee relations, recruiting, compensation, benefits, performance management, training, safety and research.
- Implements best practice and processes to manage the talent acquisition lifecycle, selection, pre-employment background checks and references, employment offers
- Establishes a strong rapport with hiring managers in order to understand their strategic hiring needs, priorities, and constraints; to help the organisation recruit and retain top talent.
- Recommends sources, creative and alternative advertising venues and strategies; tracks and reports on effectiveness.
- Builds and maintains a process for ongoing candidate pipelines and expands candidate channels for all open and key positions through research on industry events and developing sustainable relationships with top talent.
- Ensures that recruiting and hiring practices are in compliance with organisational policies.
- Recognise and diagnose HR problems offering recommendations and implementing solutions.
- Consult with employees and management on employee relations issues providing guidance and assistance with policy interpretation, open and direct communication, conflict resolution, performance management and conduct related issues.
- Provide support and back up on broader and strategic HR initiatives across Europe, working with the European Leadership Team and other relevant leaders and managers.
- Serve as a member of the HR team. Provide input to or define short and long-term goals and objectives for human resource delivery.
- Ensure legal compliance with all applicable labour regulations in relevant European countries.
- Ensure efficient processing of HR administration across ONE’s European offices.
- Organise, facilitate and or deliver training as required.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, business, or related discipline and 5-7 years human resources experience or; Master’s Level degree and 5-7years’ of directly related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence and communicate with all levels from employees to senior management.
- Membership of a HR professional organisation e.g. Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, Academy of HR Development etc.
- Five years’ demonstrated experience supporting staff on a range of HR issues
- Experience of researching and interpreting labour law and regulatory issues in a European country beyond the UK, ideally but not necessarily in Belgium, France or Germany
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of: problem solving, systems thinking, diplomacy, conflict resolution and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated success in managing negotiations and handling people in difficult circumstances.
- High level of computer literacy with expert proficiency with Excel and experience of using and proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Commitment to the goals of the organisation
- Demonstrable commitment to equal opportunities
- Very well organised, with the ability to multitask and with exceptional attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including the ability to analyse and convey complex information in a simple manner to varied audiences
- Proven ability to think strategically, creatively, critically, and independently and to achieve results
- Proven interpersonal skills and a strong sense of teamwork and collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix organisation.
- Willingness to travel internationally as needed.
- Demonstrated success working in a highly collaborative, global environment
- Culturally sensitive and respectful.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times Experience as a field-based HR resource outside in European countries beyond the UK, ideally but not necessarily in Belgium, France or Germany is preferred
- Knowledge of strategic business transitions and change management is preferred
- Experience of working in a similar capacity for an international or NGO organisation is preferred
- Interest in international development and Africa is desirable
- Fluent English essential, other European languages would be an advantage
If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, please submit a resume and cover letter to our jobs page. Candidates that do not submit cover letters may not be considered. Please note that applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. We thank all candidates for their interest but we can only contact candidates selected for interview. Please no phone calls.
Only candidates that are eligible to work in the UK without restriction need apply.
ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
London and the southeast
Please mention Bond when you apply for this position.