Norwegian Refugee Council is looking for a flexible, experienced and proactive HR, Finance & Admin Technical Officer to become a key member of the small team in our new London Representation Office.
About NRC in the UK
NRC’s Representation Office in London was established in 2020 as one of the units in the Partnerships and Policy Department (PnP). As such, the office is responsible for NRC’s strategic relations with UK institutional and private donors, and for NRC's UK-related humanitarian policy work, advocacy and media. In addition to this, we host global staff who are based in the UK but who work for other country, regional or global departments.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Finance, HR and Admin Technical Officer will implement all delegated responsibilities for HR, finance, logistics, health and safety and ICT within NRC UK, including in relation to hosted staff. They will help the Finance, HR and Admin Manager to ensure appropriate procedures and resources are in place and implemented, in line with NRC policies and United Kingdom law. They will be responsible for the effective running of the NRC UK office and for all areas of filing, archiving and information management, and setting up and updating the NRC UK web-page.
- Responsibility for day-to-day admin and logistics aspects of running and maintaining the NRC UK office.
- Responsibility for processing accounts payable, payroll and expense claims and assisting the review and preparations of budgets, including input into accounting processes for NRC UK via outsourced services under the supervision of the Finance, HR and Admin Manager.
- Maintain open and effective communication with staff at NRC UK staff on administrative, HR, ICT, legal, financial matters. Support preparation of internal documents as requested by the Finance, HR and Admin Manager and the Director;
- Help with the proper submission, filing and retention of legal and financial documents, including for tax and audit purposes, under the guidance and responsibility of the Finance, HR and Admin Manager.
- Lead on developing and updating the NRC UK web-page and any social media platforms, ensuring these are in line with NRC global policies and procedures, and where needed approved by the NRC UK Director.
- Supporting the Finance, HR and Admin Manager to ensure the smooth functioning of NRC UK’s HR, finance, ICT and logistics, in accordance with NRC policies and procedures, including where appropriate drafting robust procedures and processes.
- Support the Finance, HR and Admin Manager in the effective management of HR and finance-related consultants and outsourcing, including providing assistance to staff hosted by NRC UK in these matters.
- Support research into and drafting of any additional NRC policies, guidance, procedures, tools such as those related to information management and procurement, in close consultation with the Finance, HR and Admin Manager;
- Provide background documents and support research aimed at ensuring NRC UK has the right legal understanding and advice, and ensure compliance by NRC UK with legal and regulatory frameworks in United Kingdom.
- Provide company secretary support and undertake special projects on behalf of the office on an as needed basis.
Required Experience and Competencies:
- Legal right to work in the UK
- Two years’ of experience in a similar position.
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree or equivalent professional qualification related to administration, management, legal and/or finance.
- A conscientious and structured person with strong analytical, planning and administrative skills.
- Experience of managing contractors, consultants and supplier contracts, monitoring and reporting on budgets; knowledge of accounting and financial management.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise diverse tasks, take initiative within areas of responsibility and raise issues to supervisor(s) as appropriate.
- Ability to communicate with clarity (orally and in writing), tact and cultural sensitivity
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
Context related skills, knowledge and experience:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software – especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Preferable experience and knowledge of payroll software and / or accounting software such as Oracle and Xero
- Strong commitment to humanitarian values.
Please refer to the Job Description for full details.
What we offer
- Rare opportunity for a varied and dynamic London-based role with a leading international humanitarian organisation
- Options for flexible hours and working arrangement
- Grade 6 in NRC's pay structure, equivalent to £29,916 annual salary, including London weighting
- Optional enhanced pension contributions
- 25 days leave per year
- Enhanced sick pay, maternity and parental leave
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC requires staff members who travel on an international contract to the field to undergo an medical examination with our medical provider. Employees must produce a Health Clearance Certificate before departure stating that there are no relevant health concerns. If staff are unable to provide this, NRC reserves the right to terminate the Contract of Employment.
London and the southeast
Aid Finance Human resources
Please apply through the website link, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please mention Bond when you apply for this position.