As the Head of Operations, you will be responsible for managing the Finance and Administration departments and teams in Khartoum and field offices.
Who we are
Muslim Aid is a British, faith-based international development organisation that provides support to communities around the world affected by disasters, conflict or endemic poverty without regard to their social, religious, or ethnic background.
What you’ll be doing:
We are looking to recruit an experienced and talented Head of Operations for Muslim Aid Sudan Country Office.
As the Head of Operations, you will be responsible for managing the Finance and Administration departments and teams in Khartoum and field offices. The teams include, Logistics, Procurement and Human Resources, ensuring compliance with GAAP, MA and donor policies and regulations related to these functions.
Amongst other duties in this role you will:
- Co-ordinate the development of Annual Programme Plans and budgets
- Review and analyse monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Work with programme managers/coordinators and develop budgets for new project proposals.
- Ensure that the Statutory accounts of the office are annually audited by an external auditor appointed for a fixed term in consultation with the HQ
- Attend and participate in Senior Management Meetings, and in other team management meetings to facilitate coordination, understanding, and cooperation between the support and program departments
- Supervise procurement staff to ensure efficiency and compliance with MA and donor purchasing policies and procedures
- Oversee inventory control and property management in the Khartoum office and other field locations; ensure maintenance of accurate and up-to-date inventory of all field office assets
- Contribute to the modifications and implementation of MA Sudan Employee Manual, national staff salary scale, fringe benefits, and other terms of employment
The Head of Operations may be required to spend up to 40 % of his/her time travelling to project locations and field offices
Why you’ll be hired
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as, economics, MBA, Management and preferably another relevant professional qualification such as ACCA
- 3-5 years’ experience of senior level finance experience within an International non-profit organization, UN or other
- Experience in the financial management of European donors
- At least two years supervisory experience or strong management experience.
- Experience of leadership in strategic planning initiatives
- Strong practical knowledge of accounting principles and sound financial management.
- Strong communication skills, demonstrating the ability to network, present and negotiate effectively at a very senior level
- Professional proficiency in English
Why you should apply:
This will be a challenging role with lots of autonomy working in a fast-paced and busy environment . If you have the drive and passion to be our Head of Operations in Sudan, then please send us your CV with a cover letter and complete the application form and submit them to [email protected]
Finance Funding Fundraising Monitoring, evaluation and learning Projects and programmes
Please mention Bond when you apply for this position.