Closing date: 30 June 2021
Job Type: Paid
Head of CEO's Office – Senior Executive Assistant
About Development Initiatives (DI)
Development Initiatives applies the power of data and evidence to build sustainable solutions.
Our mission is to work closely with partners to ensure data-driven evidence and analysis are used effectively in policy and practice to end poverty, reduce inequality and increase resilience.
While data alone cannot bring about a better world, it is vital to achieving it. Data has the power to unlock insight, shine a light on progress and empower people to increase accountability.
We are now looking for a Head of CEO's Office to manage our CEO’s office.
- Salary of £28,000 - £31,000 per annum
- Pension scheme
- 25 days’ annual leave (pro rata)
- Up to five days’ paid leave to volunteer for causes that address poverty and help vulnerable people
- Smart casual dress code
If you are a high-level support professional who is looking for their next step and a fresh challenge, this is the ideal position in which to expand your career potential, as well as making a difference to international poverty.
You’ll discover that ours is a great place to work with a culture of transparency and innovation.
Joining a passionate team within a relaxed office environment, you’ll find we offer a comprehensive package with plenty of value-adding benefits as well as perks and extras that make working for us even better.
As the Head of CEO's Office, you will be tasked with running the affairs of the CEO’s office.
In this wide-ranging role, you will take on an array of responsibilities to enable our CEO to focus on the strategic direction of our organisation and deliver on their responsibilities.
Operating with the upmost professionalism and discretion, you will work with colleagues at all levels from the CEO and Board Members to Executive Assistants and other staff. You will build excellent relationships and will working closely with the Executive Team and the Board, whilst reporting directly to the CEO.
Your role will also involve:
- Managing the Executive Assistants
- Ensuring the smooth running of diary management and meeting schedules for Directors
- Supporting the Chair of the Board to staff the Board meetings
- Producing accurate meeting minutes and follow up on actions
- Oversee co-ordination of all reporting to the CEO
- Supporting the CEO to manage confidential matters effectively and sensitively
- Maintaining a social media presence for the CEO
- Monitoring and reviewing the CEO’s time to focus on strategic priorities
- Organising regular catch ups with all regional Directors, the COO and global office
- Overseeing the strategic planning process, three-year reviews and future thinking
To be considered as a Head of CEO's Office, you will need:
- At least seven years’ experience providing support to upper-level management in a related or similar organisation
- Experience in, and capable of, handling confidential or sensitive information
- Knowledge of managing senior-level stakeholders
- Proficiency in Windows, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and clear spoken English communication skills
- A degree (or equivalent) in international relations or development, political science or business management
Previous project management experience would be beneficial to your application. Experience of co-ordinating strategic planning and internal stakeholder management would also be an advantage, as would familiarity with contact management databases (HubSpot) or similar.
Theory of Change training would be equally welcomed, as would experience of developing and overseeing balanced scorecards and organisational KPIs.
Other organisations may call this role Executive Assistant, Senior Aide, Secretary, Private Secretary, or Senior Secretary.
Development Initiatives is an equal opportunities employer and, in line with our policies, we aim to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.
The closing date for this role is the 30th June 2021.
So, if you could thrive as a Head of CEO's Office please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Please mention Bond when you apply for this position.