Global Head of Finance Operations
Heading the Finance Operations Team, you will deliver effective and user-focused financial services including treasury, payroll and financial systems. You will lead the production of the annual report and statutory accounts, develop a strong financial control environment, and drive compliance with statutory reporting and tax requirements across the 24 countries we work in.
You will report to the Executive Director of Finance and Corporate Services. You will work closely with senior managers across the organisation and with the Audit and Risk Committee.
Skills, qualifications and experience
The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) and bring significant experience and a track record in leading effective and user-driven finance operations in a large international organisation. You will be passionate about improving systems, processes and controls to drive effectiveness and accountability. You will be able to think strategically while enjoying a hands-on role. As an experienced leader, you will be effective at developing strong relationships with teams across the organisation.
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce. We also offer a range of benefits, including;
* A friendly and supportive office environment
* Opportunities for flexible working and working from home
* Generous annual leave of 37 days (inclusive of public holidays)
* Competitive pension with Scottish Widows
* Employee and Volunteer Assistance Programme
* Personal accident insurance
* Opportunities for professional development, including a range of online self-study modules, coaching and workshops
Unfortunately we are unable to provide sponsorship for this position, so please ensure you have the right to work in the UK before you apply.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
Please mention Bond when you apply for this position.