Bond is the UK membership body for organisations working in international development or supporting those that do so through funding, research, training and other services. Our network is growing and we now have over 470 organisations in membership, and many thousands of individuals engaged with our network through special interest groups, international campaigns, events and conferences.
The political and operating environment for our members has become increasingly complex and uncertain. Global forces are challenging the status quo, requiring our members to adapt and innovate in order to remain relevant. Bond has a crucial role to play, helping our network to be a collective force for positive change, working for development outcomes that affect the lives of the millions of people living in poverty.
Main purpose of the job
Having the necessary resources to achieve their goals is of fundamental importance to NGOs. This role, funded principally via grants, including from DFID, plays an important part in ensuring Bond members have access to information, intelligence and insight about funding by:
- Acting as an effective conduit between funders and NGOs, developing a shared and progressive agenda and a strong momentum for change.
- Contributing to the design and delivery of paid-for and other services which contribute towards Bond’s portfolio of member services, for example Bond’s training and conference offering.
- Acting as a key information and ‘horizon scanning’ resource for the sector on funding opportunities, funder policy and future plans and trends.
- Helping NGOs to diversify their income sources, reducing reliance on traditional grants from bilateral donors and exploring other opportunities.
- Working to influence the incentives and resultant behaviours in the ‘funding system’ so that funding and fund-seeking are better aligned in service of better development results.
- Engaging with and constructively influencing funder policy, practice and processes through Bond’s relationships.
- Contributing to the strategy for Bond’s effectiveness services as a whole.
For a full job description including person specification please download the attachment.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV (max 2 sides) and cover letter (max 2 sides) detailing how you meet the requirements by 9am, Monday 12 June 2017.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 21 June 2017.
For an informal chat and to find out more, interested candidates may call Rose Longhurst on +44 (0)20 7520 2704.
Please mention Bond when you apply for this position.