The Near East Foundation is seeking candidates for a Finance & Budget Analyst to be based in its HQ Office in London, UK to play a key role in financial planning and fund management for assigned projects and business units.
Near East Foundation, UK
Title: Finance & Budget Analyst
Reports to: Finance and Budget Manager
Location: London, United Kingdom
Please note – while this role is advertised as office based, the Near East Foundation UK will remain an optional remote-working organization until at least 31 August 2021.
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 DOE
For over 100 years, NEF has worked to build a more sustainable, prosperous, and inclusive communities in the Middle East and Africa through economic development and governance initiatives. NEF’s work is organized around three core program areas: Inclusive Economic Development, Climate-resilient Development, and Stabilization and Peacebuilding.
The Near East Foundation is seeking candidates for a Finance & Budget Analyst to be based in its HQ Office in London, UK to play a key role in financial planning and fund management for assigned projects and business units. This position reports to the Finance and Budget Manager and collaborates with the CFO, Controller, the global finance/accounting team and project leads in providing accurate information and analysis necessary for excellent financial management.
The Finance & Budget Analyst will work directly with the Finance and Budget Manager, CFO, Controller, and local Finance Managers to support the effective and timely implementation of NEF financial administration procedures. Specific responsibilities include:
(a) Financial Planning and Budgeting:
- Set-up project budget reports in financial system for all new projects;
- Prepare and analyze monthly project financial reports and distribute to the Finance & Budget Manager with any recommendations;
- Assist in monthly calls to review project budgets with team, discuss analysis, recommendations and key metrics, such as burn rate, cost allowability questions and forecasts;
- Prepare and submit donor financial reports to the Finance & Budget Manager for review;
- Ensure full allocation to project budgets, including indirect cost recovery;
- Monitor cost share for projects as required;
- Prepare monthly department financial reports and distribute to the Finance & Budget Manager with appropriate analysis;
- Assist the Finance & Budget Manager with the annual budget process and provide updates as needed to the forecast on a regular basis;
- Assist with funding proposals as required and to ensure new budgets are adequate and within NEF guidelines;
- Assist the Finance & Budget Manager with other financial planning and analysis tasks as required.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and expertise for cost allowability principles for each donor and in accordance with GAAP;
- Review transactions for each project to ensure all costs are appropriate and allowable;
- Monitor transactions for potential financial irregularities and report suspected or potential issues in a timely manner;
- Assist the Finance & Budget Manager, Controller, and CFO in devising secure financial systems and processes and ensure these are appropriately implemented;
- Support project related audits;
- Prepare checks, bank deposits, purchase orders, and miscellaneous invoices for the U.K. office;
- Prepare accounting related entries to numerous registers, journals, and logs;
- Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet and bank accounts.
Qualifications and Requirements
The successful candidate will have the following qualification and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related fields, or equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- Minimum 3 years of accounting and/or financial management experience, preferably in an NGO setting;
- Excellent data analysis skills; advanced excel skills are essential;
- Willingness to travel internationally for site visits and/or internal audit as required;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal required;
- Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
- Experience with projects supported by USG, UK Government, EU, European bilateral agencies (e.g., Netherlands, Switzerland, Germany, France), UN agencies;
- Proficiency of French and/or Arabic, both written and verbal, a plus.
Any Employment with the Near East Foundation UK will be subject to the following checks prior to start date:
- A satisfactory police record check to include a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and Restricted Party Screening;
- Receipt of satisfactory references;
- Proof of eligibility to work in the national location for this role.
London and the southeast
NEF will accept rolling applications until the position is filled. Review of applications will begin on Monday, May 3, 2021. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Please apply by submitting the following documents to the Near East Foundation Careers page https://neareast.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=132&source=aWQ9MTE%3D :
- Cover letter outlining all relevant experience and availability;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- List of three references (including one from current, or most recent, employer).
Applicants are strongly encouraged to familiarize themselves with the Near East Foundation by visiting the NEF website at www.neareast.org.
The Near East Foundation promotes Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants seeking employment and NEF employees.
Please mention Bond when you apply for this position.