To develop a variety of communications materials and deliver an exciting series of online and in-person events to engage and inform existing and new audiences about the work of the Aga Khan Foundation and broader Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN).
The Aga Khan Foundation UK, one of the world’s leading international development organisations, is looking to strengthen its communications, events, and outreach activities to ensure more of AKF’s key audiences engage with us in more ways than ever before. As such, AKF(UK) is looking to hire a creative and highly organised communications and events professional to help support these efforts.
The Events & Communications Officer will work with the Head of Communications to develop a variety of communications materials and deliver an exciting series of online and in-person events to engage and inform existing and new audiences about the work of the Aga Khan Foundation and broader Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN). The person in this role is expected to have experience of managing online and in-person events and developing visually engaging communications materials.
- Support the development and delivery of high quality and professional online and in-person events in line with AKF (UK)’s strategy to position the Foundation as a thought leader in the international development space and introduce the Foundation to new audiences.
- Develop event briefs to share with key event participants and stakeholders to ensure they are well briefed on events and roles are clearly defined.
- Create and manage Zoom webinars for up to 500 people.
- Run practice sessions for Zoom webinars with speakers to reduce chances of technical issues during events.
- Handle invitations and manage pre-event logistics.
- Develop and design marketing materials for events.
- Ensure events section of the AKF(UK) website is kept up to date.
- Co-ordinate with the Aga Khan Centre events team to ensure rooms for in-person events are booked, serviced appropriately and run smoothly on the day.
- Manage post-event follow up, i.e. thanking participants, sharing requested information with attendees, and evaluation of events.
- Develop working relationships with the Aga Khan Centre, Aga Khan University and Institute of Ismaili Studies events teams to ensure knowledge and awareness of other Aga Khan Centre events and to ensure AKF events leverage these other institutions and vice versa.
- Update and maintain CRM tool and Mailchimp mailing lists and ensure they remain GDPR compliant.
- Update events calendar
- Support the Programmes & Partnerships team to create visually engaging communications products – briefs, presentations, social media etc - to share with existing or prospective donors, e.g. presentations and brochures.
- Create visually engaging social media content about the work of AKF and AKDN for multiple platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn using a variety of different tools such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and Canva.
- Schedule social media posts using Falcon scheduling software.
- Develop strong relationships with partner organisations who can help amplify the reach of AKF’s digital content.
- Create presentations using current style guidelines.
- Update existing and design new marketing materials.
- Design other products as needed.
- Events and/or communications qualifications desired.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in managing in-person and online (Zoom) events.
- Advanced skills in event registration tools (e.g. Eventbrite), Mailchimp and CRM tools
- Experience of developing high quality communications materials and knowledge of latest communication platforms, tools, trends and developments.
- Intermediate-advanced Powerpoint skills.
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite desired.
- Knowledge of the international development sector desired.
- Strong writing skills desired.
- Highly organised with strong logistical skills and proven consistent attention to detail.
- Capable of multi-tasking with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to problem solve.
Attributes & Interests
- Friendly and professional manner.
- Ability to work flexibly in terms of working hours in order to support and accommodate events.
- Respectful of diversity other people’s cultures, values, autonomy, and faiths.
- Emotional intelligence.
- Likes getting things done to deadlines and to a high professional standard.
- Committed to acting ethically and upholding safeguarding standards towards all staff, volunteers and beneficiaries of the organisation
London and the southeast
King's Cross, London
- Please submit your CV, a cover letter about why you are suited to the role and two examples of work that demonstrates your ability to produce visually compelling digital content.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Please mention Bond when you apply for this position.