The Aga Khan Foundation UK, one of the world’s leading international development organisations, is looking for a natural visual story-teller to strengthen its comms department and help share more stories about the transformational work AKF does.
The Aga Khan Foundation UK, one of the world’s leading international development organisations, is looking for a natural visual story-teller to strengthen its communications department and help share more stories about the transformational work AKF does with more people than ever before. As such, AKF(UK) is looking to hire a creative communications professional to help support these efforts.
The Digital Content & Communications Officer will work with the Head of Communications to create exciting digital content to engage and inform existing and new audiences about the work of the Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) and broader Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN). The person in this role is expected to have excellent writing skills, proven experience of managing digital platforms and the ability to develop engaging social media content.
- Create visually engaging social media content about the work of AKF and AKDN for multiple platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn using a variety of different tools such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and Canva.
- Write news articles and blogs for the AKF(UK) website about the work of AKF, including ‘human interest stories’, to bring our impact to life.
- Solicit programme updates and impact stories from the 15 countries that AKF works in and copy edit articles to a high standard before publishing on the AKF UK website.
- Develop social media strategies and campaigns for major programmes.
- Develop and manage a digital content calendar.
- Co-manage AKF’s social media dashboard (Falcon) to schedule posts and ensure there is a steady stream of content across platforms.
- Keep track of relevant ‘World Days’ and plan content around these to reach new audiences.
- Develop strong relationships with partner organisations who can help amplify the reach of AKF’s digital content.
- Manage the AKF(UK) website to ensure information is current and communicates our latest messaging.
- Use website and social media analytics to help improve reach and engagement.
- Support the Programmes & Partnerships team to create communications products to share with existing or prospective donors, e.g. presentations and brochures.
- Develop fact sheets and other communications products about key institutional donors (e.g. FCDO) about the partnership history with AKDN and what we have achieved together that can be shared in variety of formats.
- Create engaging monthly newsletters to deliver inspiring stories to people's inboxes.
- Update existing print materials and design new marketing materials for use at events, e.g. exhibition stands.
- Copy edit case studies, evidence reports, other technical documents
- Keep AKF(UK) website theme and plugins up to date; mange domain hosting; test backup / recovery regularly and resolve any problems.
- Support the Head of Communications to develop a vibrant Community of Practice with communications colleagues across the 15 countries that AKF works in.
- Bachelor’s Degree essential in a relevant subject, preferably in Development Communications, with a solid understanding of development history, issues, arguments, and the latest communications practices.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent knowledge of various social media and content development skills.
- Intermediate-advanced graphic design skills with experience of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator; InDesign; Photoshop), online communications tools, and Office and Mac apps.
- Experience of developing high quality communications materials and knowledge of latest communication platforms, tools, trends and developments.
- Intermediate-advanced Powerpoint skills.
- Experience of using Wordpress, managing websites and social media scheduling tools.
Attributes & Interests
- A love of visual story-telling.
- Respectful of diversity other people’s cultures, values. autonomy, and faiths.
- Emotional intelligence.
- Likes getting things done to deadlines and to a high professional standard.
- Entrepreneurial and pro-active self-starter.
- Committed to acting ethically and upholding safeguarding standards towards all staff, volunteers and beneficiaries of the organisation
London and the southeast
King's Cross, London
- Your CV and a cover letter about why you are suited to the role
- Two examples of your written work.
- Two examples of work that demonstrates your ability to produce visually compelling digital content.
- A link to your photography and/or design portfolio if you have one.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Please mention Bond when you apply for this position.