Business Development Manager
In this role, you will drive business development from specific sectors and secure annual and multi-year partnerships for WaterAid, each with a target value of a minimum of £100,000 per year. This is likely to cover a broad spectrum of partnership types including corporate donations from corporate social responsibility and sustainability teams, cause-related marketing schemes, sponsorship, pro bono, employee engagement etc.
- Develop and manage the pipeline of potential high value, annual and multi-year new business opportunities to ensure there is active movement and sufficient lead generation to deliver against planned growth and income.
- Attend networking events and conferences to build a network of contacts amongst potential partner companies and actively cultivate this network.
- Identify and research target companies to provide sufficient information for an informed approach.
- Develop and deliver tailored and compelling proposals and pitches. This will often involve drawing on the skills and knowledge of colleagues from around the organisation to create innovative and exciting proposals.
To be successful, you'll need:
- Externally focused and proactive attitude, with the energy and passion to engage people and excite them about WaterAid
- Great presentation skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience of generating new business from cold either in corporate fundraising or in a commercial setting and proven ability to meet and exceed personal targets
- Experience in handling objections and negotiating successful mutually beneficial outcomes for internal and external relationships
- Confident networker able to represent WaterAid at donor events Visit the WaterAid careers page for a full job pack.
WaterAid benefits include:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
- Flexible working conditions, including the opportunity for part-time work and home working up to 2 days a week
- Season Ticket Loan
- Free annual eye tests
- Pay as You Earn training scheme
- Pay as You Give charitable giving scheme
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter.
Applications will close one minute before midnight on Sunday 2 June. Availability for interview is required 12-14 June.
Please mention Bond when you apply for this position.