Business Development Adviser
Bond is the UK network for organisations working in international development. We unite and support a diverse network of over 400 civil society organisations to help eradicate global poverty, inequality and injustice.
Main purpose of the job
The Business Development Adviser (Recruitment) is responsible for maximising revenues for Bond’s recruitment advertising platform through direct sales and relationship building with key advertisers and recruitment agencies; for identifying opportunities for extending our recruitment services in the areas of consultancy; for developing new audiences and extending the reach of our recruitment offer; for identifying opportunities for broadening corporate and NGO commercial relationships across all of Bond’s work, and for supporting and engaging with Bond staff as appropriate.
Recruitment advertising sales
- Lead on maximising returns from Bond’s recruitment advertising platform, ensuring that ambitious financial targets are set, met and appropriately phased.
- Maintain regular contact with key recruitment customers and develop new business by building relationships with key contacts in UK NGOs and recruitment agencies
- Work with the Marketing and Membership Manager to identify audiences and develop marketing materials and content to help drive web traffic.
- Manage the recruitment advertising prospects pipeline in the CRM database (Salesforce), and ensure that all financial data and invoices are kept up to date
- Provide regular reports on pipeline, progress towards targets and projected results
- Provide excellent customer relationship management and be the first point for customer support, enquiries and advice around recruitment advertising
- Undertake regular visits to key clients in order to build strong relationships
- Provide advice and guidance to customers on the best ways of achieving their recruitment goals
Market analysis and marketing
- Undertake competitor analysis and pricing comparisons to understand Bond’s position in the market and to strengthen our recruitment offer
- Identify gaps in usage across the membership, including by types of organisation and job roles
- With the Marketing and Membership Manager, develop and deliver a strategy for promoting our recruitment offer, including through communications and social channels
- Commission and explore ideas for web content to engage recruiters and potential candidates
- Provide regular reports on recruitment advertising revenue for internal reporting purposes
- Use market and customer insight to review our current offer and identify and develop new recruitment products and packages
- Work with Bond’s digital developers to improve the jobs board and user experience
- Explore partnership opportunities with recruitment providers offering complementary services (eg search and selection)
- Explore opportunities to provide consultancy to member organisations on the best approaches to filling vacancies.
To apply, click on the 'Apply for this job' button and fill out the form, submitting your CV and cover letter outlining why you are the right candidate for this role by midnight on Sunday 3 March. Interviews will take place on Friday 8 March.
Please mention Bond when you apply for this position.