WaterAid is looking for an Advocacy Coordinator to play a vital role in our mission to transform lives with safe water, sanitation and hygiene in the world’s poorest communities.
Working within the Campaigns Team the Advocacy Coordinator will focus on developing and delivering our advocacy on the Sustainable Development Goals. They will do this through coordinating relationships with key targets such as multilateral and international institutions and working with our colleagues and partners around the world for shared advocacy objectives.
To be successful, you’ll need to have
- Extensive advocacy / public facing campaigning experience, demonstrated by examples of strategic impact on policy change and experience of using policy, research, lobbying, public campaigning, media and digital work to influence a political agenda. Experience of working in an organisation or alliance, or working on an international level to achieve change.
- Sound political judgement and sensitivity and proven experience of engaging with and influencing decision makers. Demonstrable knowledge and experience in how public campaigning, media and digital work can influence a political agenda.
- A fluent understanding and extensive demonstrable experience of the techniques and skills required for effective project management.
- Imaginative, creative and accurate written and verbal communications skills in English, and experience of producing communications materials and resources, particularly for digital platforms.
See job description linked below for full details of the role.
With a commitment to our vision, you’ll get inspiration from the change you help make happen. We appreciate and respect different people and ideas, allow the chance to grow and the space to be yourself at your best.
Excellent benefits include:
- 28 annual holiday days, plus bank holidays and additional leave purchase
- 3%, 4% or 5% pension contributions double-matched by WaterAid
- Agile/flexible working and family friendly policies
Applications will close end one minute before midnight on the closing date specified.
London and the southeast
Please mention Bond when you apply for this position.