Using the Misconduct Disclosure Scheme for safer recruitment
Join Bond and the SCHR for a webinar on the SCHR Misconduct Disclosure Scheme on
22 April 2020, 10:00 – 11:30 BST
The scheme was created in 2018 and launched in January 2019. It is designed to systematically address the problem of abusers moving between organisations and complements other processes such as police checks, as it picks up perpetrators who have had disciplinary processes taken against them but who may not have been investigated by the police or other authorities. It enhances the reference checks and facilitates the sharing of misconduct data to future employers.
The Scheme consists of two main commitments:
- to systematically check with previous employers about any SEA issues relating to potential new hires; and
- to respond to such checks from others.
It respects data protection and employment law and enables any organisation to get better information to make a better hiring decision and to protect staff and beneficiaries as a result.
The programme will run from 10:00 – 11:30.
In this webinar, we’ll give an introduction to the Scheme, followed by a Q&A session.
Participants will learn about:
- The Scheme’s key principles
- How to go about signing up to the Scheme
- How to implement the Scheme, including navigating some challenges you may face
The webinar will be hosted by Inez Ksiazek, the Scheme’s Coordinator.
Wednesday, April 22, 2020
43 places available